• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Weapons may not break in BotW2?

So... I've been thinking.

The weapon durability mechanic in BotW was very divisive and even had an impact on the way players played the game and how much they enjoyed it.

Having watched the BotW2 teaser way too many times, I've began to wonder if weapon durability will make it into the game.

In the trailer was see the green aura attack Link's arm and make it glow.

There is concept art for BotW that there was an idea of Link having a Sheikah arm.

We know the Sheikah Slate can stop time etc with the runes it has, but we've seen Sheikah weaponry too.

What if Link no longer needs to rely on weapons in BotW2 in the traditional sense and instead uses his arm to create unbreakable soul weapons, like using runes on the Sheikah Slate?

Perhaps through the game Link will be able to upgrade his arm as he does the Sheikah Slate in BotW.

Or, if there are any kind of dungeons in BotW2, perhaps he could find upgrades for his arm in those, akin to finding a chest like the days of old?

What do you guys think, could this be possible?

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
I know the Zelda team are very good at listening to fans and they love trying stuff out, so yeah definitely, I really think they have an itch to try something like that.

As for the sheikah arm, they've brought things from the concept art sketches before, like with the motorbike. Nobody saw it coming. Your theory seems very plausible!

And personally I don't mind. I liked the resource management aspect of weapon durability, but it feels like a concept that was there and then. Time for something new.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I hope this is the case and they don't break. That mechanic made playing BoTW very annoying for me as there was no quick slots to put weapons in which mean you had to pause the action to change weapon each time one broke. This happened far far too often and caused me to avoid fighting all together most of the time.

I like the idea of link being able to conjure items with his arm. In Darksiders some items appear to be made by magic and I have always liked the idea of Zelda doing this so I hope it is the route they go down. Hoping we get spirit Hookshot and other traditional dungeon items in this new form if this turns out to be true.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Personally i'd rather see a return of weapon reinforcement similar to how SS did it, if weapons did break they should give us weapon fragments so we can either remake the weapon or use to re-forge another weapon to give it higher durability.

I quite enjoyed the weapon durability in BOTW made you actually think about a fight and whether it's feasible now or to wait til later.

It does seem like that may be the case. It seems the entity combines with Link's right hand. In a next scene, Link is grabbing Zelda's right hand (maybe she fell?) with his right hand. Then we later see the hand entity grasping Link's left hand. If you flip the latter two images, then Link is using his left hand to grab Zelda and then the entity is grabbing Link's right to all line up. The trailer isn't completely linear as we she shots of them in the cave and then some of them exploring it. Some of have suggested the music is in reverse, so Nintendo flipping images wouldn't surprise me, if that is the case at all. I could be looking too much into hand continuity. Anyways here are some screen shots (unflipped):

botw2a.jpgbotw2b.jpgbotw2c.jpgbotw2d.jpg

@Spirit I will be extremely disappointed if he cannot kill a man with his pinkie at the end. The final upgrade shall be the Pinkie of Powah!

Would also be a hoot if he ended up with an ancient gauntlet that looked like a steampunked Power Glove.

;)

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Honestly with Animal Crossing Release i do feel like they are now inching towards durability as a lasting mechanic, especially if they bring something like weapon crafting or upgrading systems, it seems Nintendo thinks durability is something to extend gameplay and make people want more when it doesn't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom