• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Weapons in The Legend of Zelda

MsNerrrrd

Demyx stole my cookies
In the Legend of Zelda there are countless and countless weapons, from Sand Wand to Whip, and from Gust Bellows to the Spinner. There are always a couple we already know, and then there are some totally unexpected ones. For an example, there's a sword in every game, and in nearly all of the games feature a musical instrumental of some sort (Hawk Grass, Howling Stones, Horse Call, etc. counts as musical instruments), and nearly in every game, there's a bow. But just as I said earlier, there are always some weapons, which you wouldn't never expect to see. And I think that Twilight Princess won this round, featuring A LOT of weapons, which haven't been introduced in any other Zelda game ever before. (Ball & Chain, Spinner, Dominion Rod... etc.).
So what are your favourite Zelda weapons in the entire Zelda universe? And what are the ones you didn't like that much? Do you wish to see any weapons to past titles to make more appearances? What kind of an weapon would you like to see, if you could imagine any kind of a weapon?
And I'm sorry if there's already a thread about this, this because I haven't seen a one.

My favorite weapons in any Zelda game is the bow. My love for the bow came from Wind Waker actually. When you shot Moblins or Bokoblins from afar with a bow they absoloutley freaked out and it was hilarious to watch. They would fall on their butt, drop their stick, and then get up and freak out that they had dropped their stick lol. Once I obtain the Heroes Bow I practically never use the sword after that. If they ever got rid of the bow in the future Zelda games I'll be very dissapointed.

Another staple item that I think should be included to all Zelda games is the Hookshot/Clawshot. It's probably my second favorite item and I'm dissapointed when I play a game and it's not included. Skyward Sword had it but the only thing you could really do with it was hook onto objects from afar which is pretty simple and un-imaginitive. I like when you can use the Hookshot on enemeys, retrieve items with it, and other things as well. Another good item is the boomerang but I'm not as dissapointed when I don't see it like I am the Hookshot because the bow pretty much covers everything the boomerang does and more.

One that I really didn't take a liking is the slingshot and spinner in TP, and the whip in SS. Both the spinner and slingshot were pointless in TP once you reached a certain point in the game. The slingshot when you obtain the bow, and the spinner once you leave the desert area. Atleast the slingshot was cool though, I didn't even like the design of the spinner when you actually used it. The beef I have with the whip is much like the beef I have with the slingshot and spinner from TP. SS didn't incorporate that many interesting puzzles with the whip and outside of the dungeon it had little use. Even though you could retrieve monster horns from the Bokoblins with it I rarley did that because I just completley forgot it was there. Atleast Nintendo tried to think of something I suppose. I thought It would have been better off if you could have attacked the enemeys with the whip since it is a whip after all.

Hmm... a made up weapon you say? I never actually thought of what could be a new weapon before but I have always wanted a weapon upgrading system and thankfully SS brough that to the table. Off the top of my head I think giving Link a pair of "force" gloves would be really cool and neat to see. Sort of like the iron boots in TP and WW, you would obtain these pair of gloves that would give Link "the force" to move objects around to solve puzzles and hit enemeys. A magic bar would be implemented so Link wouldn't be too overpowered. And maybe a drawkback to them so that the player has to actually take them off is perhaps he can't use his sword or any other items while he is wearing them? Idk, it sounds cool to me the way I'm thinking of it. And it gives a reason to bring back the magic meter which I know a lot of classic Zelda fans, me included, miss.

Last edited:

SNOlink

I'm baack. Who missed me?
My top three would be
3.) Clawshots. New spin on a classic weapon.
2.) Spinner. Cool unique item, but didn't seem to get used much outside of Arbitur's Grounds.
1.) Beetle. Interesting spin on the boomerang I definitely would have never thought of. I also love bombing things with the Hook Beetle.

1) Hero's Bow. Since I'm a bow hunter, it's really fun for me to go Bulbin hunting in TP.
2) Ball and Chain. Swinging a 50 pound metal ball with spikes around destroying everything in its path. What's not to like?
3) Bomblings. So fun to watch 'em crawl around and blow stuff up.

Least Favorite) Spinner. I mean seriously, wtf is that thing? Never enjoyed using it, was pretty useless except for one dungeon and a heart piece or two, and it's really really weird.

Norm

God-King of Teh Intarwebz
Clearly in ur tube, blockin ur internets.
I would like to see an Axe or Hatchet that has high damage but is short and slow.
My favorite item is the power bracelets.
My least favorite has to be the OoT boomerang, especially when you're trying to hit something behind a wall.

S

ScottFinni

Granted, it wasn't from a main console game, but I thought the magic powder from Link's Awakening was interesting. It had quite a few uses.
My favorite would be the Fairy Bow from Ocarina of Time. Gotta love those light arrows, even though you don't really use them much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom