• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrule Warriors Weapon Swap Glitch

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
klifQXn.jpg

source via pics

Instructions:
1. Have P2 join
2. Select player one's character and weapon.
-The character must have more than one weapon available to enable the weapon select screen.​
-The selected character will be the one using the different weapon.​
-It doesn't matter what weapon you pick at this point, as you'll be returning to pick a different one.​
3. Select player two's character and place the cursor over the desired weapon (but don't select it).
-The character must have more than one weapon available to enable the weapon select screen.​
-The weapon must be lower down in the list than the total number of weapons available to P1's character. e.g. if P1 is Zelda (who has two weapons) you can pick Summoning Gate, Great Fairy, Gauntlets, or Master Sword.​
4. Return to player one's weapon select screen.
5. You should see P2's weapon selection faintly. Press A to select it, then proceed normally. You can have P2 drop out at this point (before selecting P1's specific weapon) if you wish.

Possible combinations:
-Link with Naginata*, Spear*, Summoning Gate*, Baton*
-Impa with Fire Rod*, Great Fairy, Gauntlets, Master Sword, Spear*, Summoning Gate, Baton*
-Lana with Fire Rod*, Great Fairy*, Gauntlets, Master Sword, Naginata*, Baton*
-Zelda with Fire Rod*, Great Fairy, Gauntlets, Master Sword, Naginata*, Spear*, Summoning Gate
*Only in stages where P1 is limited to a certain weapon, because the other weapons are removed from P1's weapon select screen, making room for more of P2's weapons. Some might also be possible in any stage before completing Legend Mode the first time (that is, before ???'s appear in place of undiscovered weapons) depending on what weapons are unlocked.

Interesting results:
-first of all, this glitch will not harm your overall game/save as far as I can see.
-two players can use the same weapon, which affects sealed weapon skills. I'm not sure how they're affected though. When I tried it, the seal counted more kills than I as P1 got, but not as many as both of us combined.
-at least in Adventure Mode, weapon-limited Gold Skulltulas in weapon-limited stages aren't actually limited themselves. If you use this glitch to get around the stage's weapon limitation, the Skulltulas will still appear. I haven't tried this with the Legend Mode Hard Skulltulas yet. It might not work, since the stages aren't limited so the Skulltulas might be.
-Great Fairy is unusable by other characters. Neither the fairy nor her attacks are loaded, so she cannot attack enemies and enemies can't attack her. Items still work though.
-Sound files exist for other characters to sing using the Summoning Gate. Zelda sings Zelda's Lullaby, I haven't tried the others yet. I don't remember hearing that clip elsewhere in the game, so it's interesting that it's there. However, it doesn't seem to have been added specifically for that move, as the length doesn't match up.
-Some of the Summoning Gate's combos don't work - specifically those performed after using a strong attack, plus the Argorok combo (he'll never spawn with a strong attack either).
-I haven't repro'd, but I think using the Gauntlets' strong attack to pick up an enemy (or anything?) disables all damage interactions for both players for the duration of the stage. (The one time it happened to me, I picked up Ruto, she disappeared, and then neither my friend nor I could deal or take any damage.)

Last edited:

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
I updated the OP with more accurate instructions, a list of possible combinations, and some interesting results I've seen so far. I looked around and it seems that the images involving characters with only one weapon might have been results of a different glitch which might have been patched.

Ok I have tried this and it only seems to work if P1 has more than one weapon type. As stated above. So this makes the glitch not so useful for getting all of the level 3 weapons but it does work for the characters with multiple weapon types (even if you can not select those other weapon types.)

Last edited:
Havn't tried it out after again after the most recent patch, which was yesterday.
I tried it again after the patch and DLC installed and it seems Nintendo fixed the glitch so we can not swap weapons this way anymore. If anyone else wants to confirm this feel free to do so. But I can't do the glitch anymore. A shame as the glitch made a few adventure levels easier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom