• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

We Got a Sky Overworld, Will Be There a Traditional Land Overworld?

hi people

in SS you can jump to from your bird, so you can explore some places, but, do you think there will be a more traditional land overworld like in OoT, MM or TP, where you can go from area to area by land? or you are just gonna drop from place to place?

it would even do for some part of the story, when you cant reach a place by flying, you must enter by foot and after some actions you will be able to fly to the place in the future

Zorth

#Scoundrel
They confirmed that you can drop below the clouds at any time, however we still don't know if there are civilizations, towns in hyrule or it's just a chaotic land with baddies everywhere :)

Lupine

Sacred Beast
It'd be cool if we could find any stray people down in Hyrule, like if they were seperated from Skyloft somehow and had been living below ever since, or they simply decided to leave (although I can't think of a reason why)

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
More on that I'd like the Land Overworld to have some traditional areas from OoT since we know SwS comes before OoT on the timeline but then again what is the timespan between SwS and OoT.

ShaneOMac713

The Seal has been Broken
I don't know the timespan between SS and OoT but I would be really cool if there were places from OoT on the land like Death Mountain, Zora domain, ect

From what I've heard, I'm assuming that Hyrule, the land under the clouds, will be your land overworld, whereas up in the clouds it will be more like WW in terms of navigation. If that's the case, I think it'll be really awesome: as much as the WW ocean had a lot of empty space, it did have a cool sense of exploration and discovery to it. Now imagine if we get that and a traditional overworld to explore on foot.

Then again, I am just assuming that. It could be just like WW, where the little islands you fall onto in the sky lead to dungeons down below, or something, and there isn't really much on-foot navigation. I guess I wouldn't mind that too much, but it would be much cooler if Hyrule was a complete land as opposed to a bunch of dungeons that you can only reach from the sky.

Zorth

#Scoundrel
more and more I'm starting to believe that the land below is pretty much one huge dungeon.. or more like a chaotic land with monsters and evil everywhere

Sure, the traditional formula of overworld>dungeon>overworld has changed, but I don't think it'll be TOO dramatic.

Like many others, I, too, believe there are two distinct overworlds; both Sky and Land.

The Sky overworld, as many others concur with, will most likely be a WW-esque kind where you can visit individual "islands" and explore them. These islands might have a few baddies that are more like little annoying animals or something far different from the dark, montrous, demon-esque(?) ones in the world below. Some of these sky islands might even be little villages or small towns. Plus, you get some normalcy back at Skyloft as a hub to rest, recover, and play around and stuff.

The Land overworld will most likely be the place where the traditional flow is altered the most. By this, I mean the overworld>dungeon>overworld formula is more altered. The land below is probably more enemy-ridden and there's likely a chance it will appear mostly dungeon-like throughout (with some areas of calm and rest scattered lightly about). There could also be some small settlements or villages here and there, but they may be far and between, so yeah.

It's been confirmed the game will function like a hubworld.

If you are referring to the localization rep that demoed the game, he said Skyloft will be like your hub. He said it will be important to go back to throughout the game. That doesn't mean you have to go there to get to another area. I assume that several areas on the ground will need to be flown to, however.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom