• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

We Get to Be Link! Not Play As Him!

T

The Hero

Correct me if you think I'm wrong but I believe this may be the most realistic Zelda yet!!! I know you're thinking,"but hey Hero!!! Haven't you seen the screen shots and videos? Totally cartoony cel-shaded!!!" (which it's not. Painterly people!!!) I know the image may not look realistic and such. That's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about the game play!!! This Zelda we really get to have virtual sword battles. The controls are mainly based off of movements rather than pressing buttons. How long I've waited to actually have a sword duel in a Zelda game. Now we can!!! Now even the item selection I think is better. I know there will be those that will get mad at selecting the items. Even I will, but the beauty of it is that the game doesn't pause when we're trying to pull out our bow or bombs! When in combat does time stop for us to pull out our weapons? Never!!! Realistic because of controls.
I've enjoyed Zelda many years and I consider myself a big kid at heart. I was Link for Halloween when I was 6 and that was when only the second Zelda was out. So I'm way excited about this new Zelda game. My wife is gonna make fun of me so much when she sees me swinging my lil wiimote around in a fighting stance, or aiming my bow with my nunchuck held by my shoulder. I'm getting into this game.

Maybe I should make a hat too. Lol!!!

I don't know about "be-ing" Link quite yet. We still have to move him around with the control stick ;)

Poe

ᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴅɪsᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀs
I'm possibly one of the aforementioned few but, after waving a wiimote around frantically in TP for the sword, i'm a little sceptical about having so much relying on the motion sensor for SS.

I suppose it will be a preference thing, some will prefer the motion controls. Others will likely find it a tricky system and prefer standard and 'out-dated' methods.

Epona

Ordon Village
I prefer standard controls myself. There were several instances in TP where I would swing the remote or nunchuck and nothing would happen and I'd end up dying because of it. It was really frustrating, especially because that happened to me once in the Cave of Ordeals, on Floor 46. I was swinging the thing like crazy and it wouldn't work so I died, so close to the end. Maybe what happened was the pointer was away from the tv so it couldn't sense it, but that's part of the problem. I don't want to have to worry about "Oh I better make sure I'm pointing this at the screen so the sensor will work" when I'm playing a game. It makes me get hurt and/or die when I otherwise wouldn't.

Anyways, as for the new controls in SS, I hope they are very strong and controlled, otherwise the gaming experience is going to be really frustrating. But either way I'm still looking forward to the new graphics and gameplay and story. Even though the controls may be frustrating at times I'm still excited about controlling this new Link and seeing what he can do with his new moves.

I'm possibly one of the aforementioned few but, after waving a wiimote around frantically in TP for the sword, i'm a little sceptical about having so much relying on the motion sensor for SS.
Twilight Princess was basically a direct port of the gamecube version and the motion controls were thrown in at the last minute.

Zora Link

I hate being nice. D:
Poe, I agree. It takes a buttload of energy to shake the wii remote slightly. And to Ember Incubus, what's wrong with being enthusiastic? He's just excited about Skyward Sword, like most zelda fans.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
It would be awesome to fight actually a realistic fight but we don't know it yet. Everything is still a mystery or part of a mystery (if that makes sense :P )
I have not much troubles with the TP wii controls but sometimes it is annoying to swing the controller and Link refuses to do anything. But I can only hope this time the controls will be much more easier or more comfortable.

T

The Hero

I love Red Steel 2

Yes I do!!! Why do I say this on a Zelda site? Cuz it's sword duels that are awesome. I don't think they'll be as cool as SS, but the game is awesome. If you're thinking that you need to play and beat the first Red Steel don't even bother. The two games are way different. I don't even conisder Red Steel 2 a FPS. That being said, I got into that game. I would play standing up in a combative stance ready to wield the sword.

That's what I'm seeing with Zelda. The controls worked pretty good in RS2 so they're bound to be better with Zelda cuz it's not a third party title. You all know what I'm talking about. The controls are gonna work great. If you need to sit down and push buttons all day long get some freakin exercise or play Skyward Sword and move your body to rhythm of combat!!!

Yeah, I always wanted this to happen as well. Once I heard the Wii was comming out with motion controls I would think about the possibilities and yeah, I'm really excited we are movin into the future of Zelda!
Man, when I get married my wife will roll her eyes. I have a girlfriend who rolls her eyes at me cuz I freak out over this new game in random conversations lol
Shes gonna be watching me swing the controller around, I'll make her play it! SHE'LL HAVE FUN!!! mwahaha!

Lets recap. We have games. We have a bit advancer games. We have portable games. We have colored portable games. We have better portable game graphics. We have touch screen games. We have 3D games. We have 3D-modeled games, we have more poly 3D-modeled games, we have even more 3D-modeled games with motion controls, we have a mtion control update and a heart-sensor. Is it just me or is motion plus a slight disapointment... Although, it is not an actual gaming system. The question is what will they do next? We have 3D-models, 3D-graphics, advanced motion controls, touch controls, and hert-sensors. All I cn think of left is motion controls for the feet so you can have more realistic run in hyrule. lthough we already have the pd that comes with wii fit. (The name escapes me.)

If you understood that, take this trophy. X ,x

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom