• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Waterblight Ganon Boss

I have lost to him a few times and traveled to other places. When I go back, do I have to start the fight over again or can I pick up the fight where I left off?

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Waterblight is a fun boss but I personally found it to be the most annoying one. Maybe it's just because it was my first, but I found myself getting hit way more times than against any of the other bosses. The long spear is difficult to dodge and its attack patterns can be unpredictable.

Hylian Viking

A modern day Hyrule warrior mean mean stride.
The first couple of times I fought him he overpowered me and I died fairly quickly just after the halfway point, the beam attack always got me. Later I found out if you duck behind the control terminal none of his attacks will reach you offering you a chance to fill up on health and keep fighting. What really helped me out was Not going over to slash him up when he falls, instead I consumed some food that brought up my attack stats and temporarily giving me more health. This combination made him take crits and I just shock arrow spammed him and within a minute or so of peppering him with shock arrows he was dead.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Waterblight definitely gave me the most trouble, but I put myself in the situation to fail. By time I got to the battle I had a limited amount of arrows, and I ran out in the latter half of the fight. I couldn't figure out how to stun him without arrows, so I made an even dumber mistake... I threw all of my weapons at him, and the throws broke every one. So then I was left un-armed and in the portion where he starts shooting his laser so it was a no win scenario. I went to a previous save, got a bunch of arrows, and returned to Vah Ruta and demolished Waterblight like a Champ!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom