• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

OoT-3DS Water Temple Simple!

J

Jason

I just finished Oot 3D and have to say the easiest temple was the water temple. The only challanges were changing the water levels and that is easy once you know where to go. I don't understand why so many people hate the water temple. Also Dark Link was very simple for such an intimidating mini boss.

D

darth_matt195

I think it's the temple that doesn't have as much structure as the others, so therefore people can sometimes miss a key or go the slight wrong way and then it's hard to know where to go! Personally after doing it a few times in my teens I find it easy now as well! I guess we're just some of the lucky ones!

MW7

It's easy to miss keys and the nonlinear nature of the dungeon can completely befuddle people. That said, once you know what you're doing it is the easiest and quickest adult dungeon IMO at least.

P

Pm88

An easy water temple? I didn't know such a thing existed. I thought it was a requirement for the water based dungeons to be big and difficult.

A

aquizero

i loved the improvements they made to the water temple in OoT 3D. it made it a little less frustrating than the original, though i still happened to scratch my head for an hour.

Links Brother

I am Links older Brother!
It wasn't super hard but I have to say it was the hardest one of the game. It was hard to find your way through and without the dungeon finding what doors to go through was a pain. I hated haveing to just go into a door, look around, and then relize I need a key or the item first. As for Dark Link if you used the Megaton Hammer or Dins Fire it was most likely easy. If you were to not use those than its way more fun.

zellinkda

one of many
i was a little confused with the outcome of the water temple when i played it on 3ds. i've played it on n64, and didn't play it again for years to come, and when i did play it on 3ds, it was significantly easier for me. weird..

An easy water temple? I didn't know such a thing existed. I thought it was a requirement for the water based dungeons to be big and difficult.

Thank the goddesses I'm not the only one.

After a while, I've memorized the temples, but for kids that were maybe eight or ten when the N64 and OoT came out, that temple was frustrating. I memorized it through a guide but I still retain a hatred for all temples dealing with water - except for Majora's Mask Great Bay. I love that temple for some reason.

I don't get where all the confusion is coming from. I didn't even need a walkthrough to finish the temple. Just memorize the rooms and memorize where to use the long shot when you get it. If you want a temple that makes you suffer, try Jabu Jabu in Oracle of Ages!

M

moep0r

Last time I played it on N64 it took me 8 hrs (and a lot of beer ;)) to finish it. I played it with a friend simultaneously and we both overlooked the room where you have to play the Song of times. On 3DS it took me like 90 minutes I think. Easiest was the Spirit Temple with no more than 30 minutes. Dunno how that happened :D

I never really found any dungeon that difficult since ALttP. Sure, there are moments where you don't know what to do because it's a new dungeon, but I've been able to figure out most dungeons without the use of a guide, even in OoT:MQ. You just have to think about it for a little bit. If that doesn't work, stop thinking about it and just explore some more. It'll come to you.
I did use a guide for the Fire Temple. The room with the fire wall that chases you, you have to jump up to the ledge with a locked door. I didn't think you could make it, so I thought there was something else to do first. Nope, just make the jump. Link will magically grab on to a ledge that's out of reach.

Agent B

The King of Hyrule
I don't know why everyone says the water temple is the hardest temple in the original for N64. The first time I played the game it only took me about an hour. I just go from bottom to top looking for rooms I can actually do stuff in and I eventually finish it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom