• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Water Temple or Great Bay Temple: Which is More Difficult?

Din Akera

Sniper
I would say the Great Bay temple, but my reasons are not really that great. As I said in one of the podcasts, water dungeons are hard because it forces you to think in three dimensions as well as the properties and possibilities of water and water movement. Great Bay did this with the pipes, TP with the water wheels, and OoT with the levels. For myself personally, I find the water temple in OoT very easy. But i don't think that is because it is an easy temple. It is just the sheer number of times that I have completed it. I can do a full run of the temple without missing any keys or doors. I find it easy now, I don't really have to think about it.

Great Bay on the other hand I found challenging, but not frustrating. I would say at this present moment it is harder for me. I haven't played MM in so long I'm sure i would have great difficulty with it. It may be like playing a whole new game over again. I know the question didn't involve the Lakebed Temple (TP) but I'd like to throw it out there that I had more trouble with it than the other two aforementioned water dungeons.

MW7

I don't know if this translates to more difficult, but I always found the Great Bay Temple to be more intimidating than the Water Temple. Part of it may be that I can't even remember what it was like doing the Water Temple for the first time, but the Great Bay Temple I still can't memorize the layout. The Water Temple on the other hand I know my way around as well as I know my own house. This is probably because I love the Water Temple so I've played it many more times than the Great Bay Temple. I would guess that the Water Temple is harder to minimally complete whereas the Great Bay Temple is harder to 100% complete because I think stray fairies are much more challenging than golden skulltulas. The Great Bay Temple gave much more direction than the Water Temple, but I think the difficulty of both dungeons isn't too bad.

onebizarrekai

gay energy
Water Temple. The Great Bay Temple is way easier to memorize in my opinion, and once I figure out what I'm supposed to do, I can easily move forward. However, the Great Bay Temple was just flat out obnoxious sometimes, but on my second play through of the game it was so much easier.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Great Bay is more difficult. Water temple is simply bland and confusing which is not real difficulty just very annoying.

videogamenerd10

Indigo Child
My thoughts

Water Temple: Eh, this dungeon isn't as fun as the others, but it's not bad. Let's just get it over with so I can advance through the game.

Great Bay Temple: GOD, I HATE THIS! WHERE DO I GO? WHY IS THIS SO CONFUSING? WHY DOES THIS MINIBOSS TAKE SO MANY HITS? F*** YOU, GYORG!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom