• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Water Temple in OOT

Q

quillmert

This temple wasn't as hard as it was frustrating, it was very easy to get disoriented and lost. If I kept checking my map constantly and thinking about where I was going every time I went to a new room, I could make it through relatively easy. It just took awhile because the dungeon itself was very challenging in the fact that half the time you had no clue where you were. The boss wasn't a challenge at all, but getting to him was time consuming and tedious.

N

Nayru's Love

The Water Temple was not hard for me at all when I first played it and I did not even need a guide. I could understand why some people would find it so difficult because the keys were well hidden and easy to miss, but I always look at my surrounding carefully when I am in a temple, and I did not miss a single one. Backtracking to change the water level was annoying, but I just used Faeroes's Wind and suiciding to save time.

Last edited by a moderator:
H

Hobbun

I guess I don't understand the people who "missed" a key/keys and started the entire game over. Why couldn't you just go back, raise or lower the water to the correct level needed and then get the key?

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
It's nice to see that Eiji Aonuma recently addressed this dungeon in an interview! (Although it does seem that he may be equating the difficulty to the frustration of inventory control...)

"The Water Temple in the Ocarina of Time was notorious for being very tough to conquer. I am most sorry that it was not easy for you to put on and take off the heavy boots; that all the time you had to visit the inventory. I am very sorry about that. I should have made it much easier to switch to the heavy boots."

Think i'm crazy but I always had some strange special love for water dungeons in The Legend of Zelda series... Water Temple being my favorite and Great Bay Temple and Lakebed Temple following short after.

The other key that I can think of, is the one at the bottom of the central room. There was the tower like thing in the middle of the large circular room within the temple. At the very bottom of this tower, there was a small block. I think the first time you go into this tower, the water level is at the bottom, so the block covers a hole. However, the second time you enter this area, the water level has raised. You then need to use the iron boots to sink through that hole, which leads to another small key I believe.

First time through I was stuck here for few months. haha.. But eventually I tackled it. Love this temple.

:tektite: = :O
:tektite: + :mastersword: = ^w^

Water temple was so easy that i got there in 5 minutes...

Unless you added a speed hack or something i severly doubt that.

Time it takes to lower water, rise water, defeat mini-boss, backtrack, beat boss. More than 5 minutes surely.

As for myself, i didn't really find it a problem, just takes a bit to do all the backtracking, Now that i play the games, i explore everywhere, so this meant when i lowered/raised the water, i went into the previous rooms to see the changes.
Only thing i had trouble with is Dark Link, but once i got the Biggorons Sword it was alright :)

Mute

一員
I wouldn't exactly say it's hard, it's actually just annoying. You have to constantly raise/lower the water level, nearly each key requires a change in the water level, also. Not to mention some rooms you have to visit more than once at different points in it just to get the keys you need.

A problem I had with it was always forgetting a key and taking awhile to figure out which of the chests on the map it was, what water level I needed for it, and then actually getting to it. But, like I said, it wasn't hard; Just annoying.

Morpha was about the same story. Mainly with trying to hookshot that blasted eye, not to mention if you couldn't do it, you still had to get out of the way so you don't get grabbed and thrown.

So as a whole, it was just a giant pain to deal with and it probably always will be to me until the one time I get through it without having to backtrack more than required.

I Quite like the water temple, actually. Somehow, I managed to beat it without using one of ZD's highly useful walkthroughs.
I don't think it's hard, but it is like an extremely annoying puzzle. Trying to solve it, I found mysefl randomly going through those paths till I found what I was looking for. Annoying, but no, I think, hard, once you know your way around. (That's the hard part)

It's certainly the most confusing Temple in the game. It took me a few hours to get through it. Once you figure out there is a basement under the floating platform the central pillar things start to become clear.

Z

zeldaoot4ever

In the first time you play this temple, you need luck to pass it easily. But once you made it, you understand how the temple is logical and you wont have many problems when you do it again. This temple is harder because you have to think, not just do and thats why I liked it, although I didnt like to have to put and take the Iron Boots.
And for those that think that you used a key in the wrong place and think that screwed everything, I am convinced that it is impossible, you probably just have to do the things in a different order.
I also dont understando what is this "missing key" that some people are talking about and someone said something a block that you have to push and do something. I can remember 3 blocks and none of them gave me any problem.

B

Buttercup

because i HATE that Link cant swim. and thw whole Camera Angle makes it awfully bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom