• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Water Spread?

Maffiline

nirorlei
Is it just me, or is there a water spread throughout Skyward Sword, between the first, second, and third returns to Faron Woods, Eldin Volcano, and Lanayru Desert? Think about it.

First time around:
Faron Woods: the little bits of water in Faron, but no so much
Eldin Volcano: I dont think any water-type things so far
Lanayru Desert: once again no water.

Second time: to get the flames (dungeon)
--Ancient Cistern, with the water and sewer-like tunnels
--Didn't you have to toss water bulbs to create little platforms? *edit* if i'm not mistaken you also had to give the frogs the water *end edit*
--The Sand Sea, which when you sailed it it turned into water, which may I add had beautiful color graphics

Third tie: to get the song of the Hero
--Faron Woods is flooded!!
--More water-bulb use
--...nothing...this was empty...

I suppose the use of the Sand Sea in Lanayru makes up.
Anyway, am I just crazy?

Oh, and I dont know if I should list this as spoiler or not...

Last edited:

MW7

I'm not 100% sure what you mean, but I didn't notice how much water was in the game until you pointed it out. It was weird that in the second part of the game every region involved water in some way and that in the final part of the game you have to swim through a flooded Faron Woods. I guess it makes up for not having a dungeon entirely devoted to water in this game (Ancient Cistern might count but even the water half of the dungeon didn't require you to navigate through water a lot). I really liked Lanayru Sand Sea a lot. It was cool to involve another method of transport without having it all throughout a game (like in WW, PH, or ST- I guess SS itself would count as well with flying).

Maffiline

nirorlei
I'm not 100% sure what you mean, but I didn't notice how much water was in the game until you pointed it out. It was weird that in the second part of the game every region involved water in some way and that in the final part of the game you have to swim through a flooded Faron Woods. I guess it makes up for not having a dungeon entirely devoted to water in this game (Ancient Cistern might count but even the water half of the dungeon didn't require you to navigate through water a lot). I really liked Lanayru Sand Sea a lot. It was cool to involve another method of transport without having it all throughout a game (like in WW, PH, or ST- I guess SS itself would count as well with flying).
I dont even know what I mean now that I think about it. Maybe I was thinking how there was water incorporated throughout Skyward Sword. To me, in itself, the Lanayru Sand Sea makes up for the lack of water in Lanayru Desert because it's so massive, Faron Woods had the waterfall and then the flooding when you had to find the Tadtones, and then Eldin had the use of the water bulbs and the frogs that needed water..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom