• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Watchmen

M

MagnumPrimers

A month ago I saw the trailers for the upcoming movie Watchmen, I thought it looked really cool, so I decided to head up to borders and buy myself a hardcover copy of the graphic novel, and I found something more that I expected. A deep, geopolitical, dark story.

For those of you that have never heard of Watchmen here's a quick summary.

"Watchmen" is set in an alternate 1985 America in which costumed superheroes are part of the fabric of everyday society, and the "Doomsday Clock" - which charts the USA's tension with the Soviet Union - is permanently set at five minutes to midnight. When one of his former colleagues is murdered, the washed up but no less determined masked vigilante Rorschach sets out to uncover a plot to kill and discredit all past and present superheroes. As he reconnects with his former crime-fighting legion - a ragtag group of retired superheroes, only one of whom has true powers - Rorschach glimpses a wide-ranging and disturbing conspiracy with links to their shared past and catastrophic consequences for the future. Their mission is to watch over humanity... but who is watching the Watchmen?"

http://watchmenmovie.warnerbros.com/

I'm personally psyched for the movie. But I heard Zach Snyder changed the brilliant ending, which causes me to feel cautiously optimistic.

So how many of you have read the novel and/or are excited to see the movie?

Stella3000

Starlight
I'm reading the novel. I found out about it when all of my older sibs (I have three) were talking about it all "hush, hush" because it is er...well a bit adult. They letting me read it, though. Honestly its nothing worse than anything I've read/seen.
Although I still wouldn't suggest to most people....
Anyway, I'm very excited to go see the movie! We all are. It looks amazing! I have to hurry up finish reading the novel. lol XD

www.zeldainmypocket.com
I read the review, and it seemed a little over the top for me. Not the book, the movie. I've heard the book was a little too adult, but it was mostly necessary. The movie supposedly has quite a bit of gore and nudity in it, both of which I try to avoid. The trailers did look pretty cool, though.

Maybe I'll get the book soon. :D

Amelie

Air Dancer
The movie does look interesting ^^ I remember seeing the video MCR made for it. I kind of want to see the movie even though I have not read the book. My parents might not let me watch it though. I am going to look it up later and read about it.

I have a feeling that this movie is going to bomb.
It just seems too over the top to me.
Plus the costumes look silly.

Linkmaster

Die Hard Zelda Fan
I might see it. A friend of mine is going crazy over it, and that is not like him, so I probably will go see it. He keeps telling me the origins of the characters, and stuff like that...It's almost creepy. He is never like this.

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
I saw it the other night. There was too much gore and sexuality for my liking... but other than that it was alright.
As for the ending, well, I haven't read the book, but my friends who did had mixed reactions. One friend hated the ending, while the others quite preferred the ending to the movie over the novel.

F

FalseDestiny

Some friends of mine saw it when it premiered and said that it was really good. I still haven't read the novel but I will eventually along with seeing the movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom