• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Watch or Read?

So what do you choose?

• Manga after anime

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Anime after Manga

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
Some people like to read a Manga, some people watch it as anime, some do both!

I generally prefer to watch anime. But if I'm supposed to read a Manga then I shouldn't have watched it's anime adaptation cause reading after watching is boring for me.

Depends.

Generally go for anime based on enjoyment of voice actors, music & good animation, but there are a few instances in which I've been advised by multiple sources that the anime does things egregiously wrong or the manga is a better version of the story so I've opted for that instead.

I'm definitely open to both mediums.

Storm_Echo

Gamer of Videos
I'm a bigtime Manga fanboy. I can go at my own pace, don't get any character voices or behaviors put into my head, and get to experience the source EXACTLY as it was intended.

I had read over halfway through One Piece before going to the Anime, and the childish english voice they had for Luffy ruined it within a matter of episodes. I tried to watch subbed, but to be honest I can't really stand reading while trying to watch - too distracting for me.

So, I stopped watching One Piece, and went back to reading it - I just finished the Big Mom arc and am hungry for more!

(I will say that doesn't mean I WON'T watch anime, I love well-animated fight scenes and the music is usually really good, but manga is where it's at for me)

Depends on the franchise.

MHA: Anime, because those fight scenes! I'll probably start the manga soon, because it's further ahead.

FMA: Manga, because it's a complete story that doesn't rush the beginning. Anime has cool fight scenes, though

OPM: Webcomic, because it's hilarious and far ahead. Manga, because the art is astonishingly good. Anime, because it's easy to show friends.

What I'm saying is that I tend to get lost in franchises and aggressively consume all media in hopes of finding my way back out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom