• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Was Your First Zelda Game Your Favorite?

Is the first Zelda game you played your favorite?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

HylianHero

Gardener of Elysium
Just looking around the forums, I've seen that it's kind of a trend that a lot of people's first Zelda game is also their favorite. I want to see if there is actually any connection. Am I completely delusional or is this a thing?

One thing I've given thought to is that OoT was the game that came out right when most ZD-ers were kids, and so it was the first game they played, and being the great game it is, it became their favorite. So maybe it's what is skewing my interpretation.

It's true for me: TP was my first Zelda game and it is also my favorite. But is it true for you?

I played most Zelda games at the time of release, my earliest gaming memories are the original LoZ, (i was born in 87) and i dont like the game and can't remember really liking it back then, but i was semi-sentient and had no idea what it was, i just knew it sounded funky and the green thing on th screen did things when i pressed buttons... then i played AoL and hated that one too.. took a very long time for nintendo to hit my fave Zelda

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
For me, it isn't true. Phantom Hourglass was my first Zelda game, but as you can clearly see if you look in my signature, my favorites list is as follows: "OoT > ST > SS > MM > TWW > TMC > LA > PH > FS > LoZ > AoL >>>>> TP". Ocarina of Time was my third Zelda game, and it's currently my favorite. Although, Spirit Tracks is getting closer and closer to being my favorite.

For me, it isn't true. Phantom Hourglass was my first Zelda game, but as you can clearly see if you look in my signature, my favorites list is as follows: "OoT > ST > SS > MM > TWW > TMC > LA > PH > FS > LoZ > AoL >>>>> TP". Ocarina of Time was my third Zelda game, and it's currently my favorite. Although, Spirit Tracks is getting closer and closer to being my favorite.

You really hate TP that much? :(

Anyway, TP was my first and has always been my favorite. Yes, I started that late, and yes, most people would say I'm stupid. But I know TP has a lot of flaws(the beginning is...bad...lol), and it terms of what Zelda is actually best, MM. Nowadays I put TP and MM at the same place(nr 1). TP for it being my first Zelda and I loved Midna and the graphics and other things, and MM for it being a pretty dark, twisted, and deep game :).

Last edited:

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Nope. aLttP is my first and it's one of my least favorite titles. LoZ was second and AoL was third. Not found on either of them. The first Zelda game I actually really enjoyed was OoT and that was my fourth game. The first game I dubbed my favorite was MM and that was my fifth. My current favorites are TP (Like...my 11th game) and SS (My 16th game).

MW7

Nope, but there is a connection since my third Zelda game is my favorite and my second Zelda game is my second favorite. Link's Awakening was my first Zelda game, Ocarina of Time was second, and Majora's Mask was third.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom