• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

TPHD-Wii U Was TP HD in need for a remake for the wii u?

Was a TP HD remake needed?

• Yes

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • No

Votes: 20 60.6%

• Total voters
I dont associate remasters with time of releases, I just would love to have WW HD, TP HD and SS HD all in the same platform. I'm also super excited for Skyrim SE which came around the same time.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
It wasn't really needed, especially not on Wii U. The game wasn't exactly dated but a nice visual upgrade and some tweaks here and there are always welcomed, especially with games people constantly replay. It definitely helps introduce the game to the newer generation and keep it relevant with today's audience and that right there is my problem. Today.

Twilight Princess' gameplay, design, and controls were just fine. They were great then, they're great now, and they'll most likely stay great for years to come. The graphics on the other hand, which should be the focus of such a remaster, only made an old looking game look slightly better for a couple of more years (if that) before it starts to look like sh*t again. You can't say that about Wind Waker HD. I've seen people argue that Wind Waker just has a more timeless art style and that there isn't much you can do with Twilight Princess' bland visuals, but I refuse to believe that the game is doomed to look horrible.

Case in point, the Zelda tech demo for Wii U, which showcased just how beautiful Twilight Princess' visuals could look on better hardware. But let's be real, that was never going to happen. I never expected those kind of visuals. Not on Wii U and not even on NX. But, before the game was announced, it had been leaked along with images featuring this piece of art.

tumblr_inline_nwzgsqV4ip1rjac53_540_zpsyr30vnlu.png

THIS is exactly what TP HD should have looked like and after how amazing Wind Waker HD looked (despite some unfortunate lighting) I expected no less from Nintendo which was exactly why I was so shocked by the end product.

Sure, what we have now looks better than the original but not noticeably so. Yes, the visuals are sharper and clearer than before and it's in HD but you don't get that same wow feeling you should get from a good remaster like Wind Waker HD or Ocarina of Time 3D and Majora's Mask 3D.

If Wind Waker could look even more vibrant, colorful, and timeless than we previously imagined and Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask could look exactly like the game's art work intended, why couldn't Twilight Princess be just as visually spectacular? Maybe the Wii U couldn't handle something as beautiful as the art work displayed above (which is exactly why they should have waited until the NX) but I also highly doubt that what we got now was the best they could do either.

When Halo Combat Evolved was remastered, they didn't just clean up dated visuals, they created brand new ones and layered them over the old ones so that the game looked as if it was made for modern consoles. This should have been the same story with TP but instead, we ended up with something that felt rushed.

The game looked dated which is why remastering it was a good idea. But yeah they really shouldn't have teased us with that Link art. I thought that was going to be how the game would actually look. When the first trailer came out I was waiting for the comparison of the old look to the new one. The thing is, what I was seeing WAS the new game. I felt like I had been kicked in the bollocks yet again by Nintendo.

It was nice to play a 2008 graphic remaster with a hero mode but really I still think they should have given the full overhaul it needed. Would have looked better than BoTW does if they had made it look like the artwork you posted. Which is probably why they wouldn't have done that.

Yes!

1. It looks better than the fuzzy mess that the original now looks.

2. It brings all the quirks that the WiiU allows, like gamepad map, cleaner HUD, real time item swapping and reliable gyro control.

3. Its the original orientation, meaning the people who played the terrible Wii version will now know the map the right way around.

4. Its analogue, not laggy and limited motion controls, which means it feels much deeper and responsive.

5. Added extras like amiibo dungeon and miiverse stamps, granted we didn't need them, but its nice to have a little more than we had originally.

Sounds nicer too, so my answer is yes.

Wind Waker too.

Last edited:
I don't think that it was really necessary for Nintendo to remake this particular title. I really didn't think that the original looked all that bad. That being said, Twilight Princess is my favorite title in the series so I am very happy that they did decide to remake it because it looks gorgeous now. the little things they added to it are also great and the Wolf Link Amiibo in my opinion is the coolest currently available. I think the reason that Nintendo decided to remake it is that they wanted something to tide us fans over so we wouldn't start a riot over Breath of the Wild's continuous delays.

Not necessary of course (remakes rarely are) but I am glad it was done; personally I couldn't get into it on the Wii. I love the Wii U Pro Controller and playing this game with it works extremely well for me.

Din.Farore.Nayru

Extraordinary Machine
I'm glad they decided to make an HD remaster. I loved playing the HD version on the Wii U because I find the second screen to be extremely useful for switching items while traveling, checking the map, etc. It's just super handy in both WW and TP. Also, I think both games look amazing in HD - and come on, the Wolf Link amiibo!

I want an HD Skyward Sword for the Switch!

It was not NEEDED, but it was still really nice to have. I for one missed out on the GC/Wii version, so I was very happy to be able to play the newer definitive WiiU version.

I don't think it was necessary. But it was awesome, and it was successful. Knowing that Wolf Link's health in BotW corresponded to the challenge in TP provided enough motivation for me to buy it despite having played the wii version the previous year.

Although I like Twilight Princess and have it on gamecube wii and wii u now I really don't think the remake was needed. I find the graphical update was nice but should have been a lot better (like the tech demo shown for wii u).

I think the wolf link dungeon is cool but again doesn't add a ton...

I guess are any remakes "needed"? I don't think so. They are sometimes fun though.

Roger Rad

The Fabulous One
It was announced about 1 week after I finished the Wii version on Wii U ;_;

Yeah It was needed, I needed to get rid of the wii controller.

Night Owl

~Momentai
Necessary, no I don't think remakes are ever needed. (unless the game was unplayable the first time, of course you have to know that it'll get played. So the Cd-i Zeldas could definitely use a remake)

However, I will say that I really liked how it turned out and I like how it plays. Wolf link amiibo is cool too

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom