• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

TPHD-Wii U Was TP HD in need for a remake for the wii u?

Was a TP HD remake needed?

• Yes

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • No

Votes: 20 60.6%

• Total voters

Y2K

In my opinion I think that TP HD was definitly in need of a remake. First of all it just gets more and more hype for zelda in general before zelda wii u. I'm pretty sure that now TP HD has hit the shelves more people will be excited for zelda wii u, now that is just a hunch that I have. Also the new wolf link amiibo is going to help increase the world of TP by adding the cave of shadows and zelda wii u (Nothing confirmed about the amiibo usage).

I just would like to hear some other opinions on this topic.

Thanks!

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
Don't get me wrong, TP is one of my favorite video games, but I still believe the remake wasn't very necessary. Maybe if there were more content in TPHD, then maybe I'd feel different.

Why not? That pretty much sums up my view on this remake. I didn't really need it, but I was satisfied when I got.

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
I feel we didn't need it, but it's still nice to get it, especially since it's the 30th anniversary of the series, and the 10th anniversary for TP.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
Needed is debatable. Something I personally wanted? Yes, and I'm very happy it happened for several reasons:

1) The game got way more accessible with the upgrade, sure there was the wii version, but I'm not a fan of the wii controls (with the Harry Potter games they're alright as it really feels like waving the wand, but at the same time it doesn't require the whole recalibrating thing that SS had)

2) It got the same map treatment as WWHD did and I'm a huge fan of that

3) It had some really nice useful tweaks, like the quick-change button between Wolf/Link, poe lamp, number indication on how many poes were left within an area

4) Graphics update, not something needed, but always really nice when we get it, only shame is they kept the NPC models that look really awkward

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I'm a bit ways through this game and the one problem i have with it is quality control. Frame dips out the ass in spots that flat out dont make sense. I dont think nintendo did much supervising as this game plays and feels something like the generic AAA dev would put out for the ps4 or xbox one.

Zonda

Meme Connoisseur
It was necessary in my mind. On top of the game itself aging a bit poorly in the aesthetic department, The Wii-U doesn't really have a very big library and needs every game it can get. TPHD is also a good way to keep fans of the series interested and to basically let everybody know BotW is on its way. As much as I hate the concept, the Amiibo support that allows Wolf Link with your TPHD health to be an ally looks pretty damn nifty too.

Goddess Hylia

Divinity of Hyrule
I'm really happy it got an HD remaster, the game is incredible and really deserved a makeover! Now to wait until Skyward Sword gets one <.<

Needed no. But it was much welcomed.
On the other hand I wish WW did not need a remake. Sure WWHD is slightly less tedious too play, it looks way worse. I will finish WWHD one day just so I can never play it again. I'll always play my copy of WWGC on emulator from then on thanks.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
I suppose that at the end of the day the answer is "Why not?" But in terms of necessity, was an HD remake necessary? No. Was there consumer demand for it? Not really. Seems like those who would be naturally interested could take it or leave it and anyone else doesn't really care. I guess ninty always benefits from making it look like their U is pushing *some* software, even if they have to dust off a 10 year old game themselves to bump software sales up a bit.

Nintendo is still really really bad at this whole HD thing. TPHD can't hold a candle to most modern titles in terms of graphical finesse. So for nintendo an HD facelift is a complete waste of time (and money) for me.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
It wasn't really needed, especially not on Wii U. The game wasn't exactly dated but a nice visual upgrade and some tweaks here and there are always welcomed, especially with games people constantly replay. It definitely helps introduce the game to the newer generation and keep it relevant with today's audience and that right there is my problem. Today.

Twilight Princess' gameplay, design, and controls were just fine. They were great then, they're great now, and they'll most likely stay great for years to come. The graphics on the other hand, which should be the focus of such a remaster, only made an old looking game look slightly better for a couple of more years (if that) before it starts to look like sh*t again. You can't say that about Wind Waker HD. I've seen people argue that Wind Waker just has a more timeless art style and that there isn't much you can do with Twilight Princess' bland visuals, but I refuse to believe that the game is doomed to look horrible.

Case in point, the Zelda tech demo for Wii U, which showcased just how beautiful Twilight Princess' visuals could look on better hardware. But let's be real, that was never going to happen. I never expected those kind of visuals. Not on Wii U and not even on NX. But, before the game was announced, it had been leaked along with images featuring this piece of art.

tumblr_inline_nwzgsqV4ip1rjac53_540_zpsyr30vnlu.png

THIS is exactly what TP HD should have looked like and after how amazing Wind Waker HD looked (despite some unfortunate lighting) I expected no less from Nintendo which was exactly why I was so shocked by the end product.

Sure, what we have now looks better than the original but not noticeably so. Yes, the visuals are sharper and clearer than before and it's in HD but you don't get that same wow feeling you should get from a good remaster like Wind Waker HD or Ocarina of Time 3D and Majora's Mask 3D.

If Wind Waker could look even more vibrant, colorful, and timeless than we previously imagined and Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask could look exactly like the game's art work intended, why couldn't Twilight Princess be just as visually spectacular? Maybe the Wii U couldn't handle something as beautiful as the art work displayed above (which is exactly why they should have waited until the NX) but I also highly doubt that what we got now was the best they could do either.

When Halo Combat Evolved was remastered, they didn't just clean up dated visuals, they created brand new ones and layered them over the old ones so that the game looked as if it was made for modern consoles. This should have been the same story with TP but instead, we ended up with something that felt rushed.

Reactions: Dio

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom