• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Was This a Hint to Skyward Sword?

geek4887

The Unknown
So, back in Twilight Princess, there was this dungeon called the The City in the Sky. During the quest to get all the runes to make it to that dungeon, there was that scholar (forgot his name :P). He mentioned this: "Yes, according to legend, Hyrule was made by the Hylians, who, as we all know, are the closest race to the gods. But also according to legend, long ago there was a race even closer to the gods, and some say THESE creatures made the Hylians."

So there's NO way that these are really the Oocco. The Oocco didn't look like they had the capacity of "making" Hylians. Soo...aren't the people in Skyward Sword also Hylians? <---Correct me if I'm wrong in that one statement. So who were those "beings" that created the Hylians, if they're not the Ooccos? And what kind of beings are closer to the gods than Hylians? Will these "beings" be told in SS, or a new game completely? If anyone has a good idea about this topic, please explain!

Thanks! :)

Last edited:

Capitaine

Ray of Silver
The City in the Sky does consist partly of floating islands containing plant life, so I think it's a good possibility that it's what's left of the "world in the sky".

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
The City in the Sky does consist partly of floating islands containing plant life, so I think it's a good possibility that it's what's left of the "world in the sky".

The City in the Sky is exactly what its name is: a city in the sky. It's not islands. Sure, it has grass and such, but that can be grown. It's also not really floating. It's got those propellers under each of the different sections of the city, so...

Capitaine

Ray of Silver
The City in the Sky is exactly what its name is: a city in the sky. It's not islands. Sure, it has grass and such, but that can be grown. It's also not really floating. It's got those propellers under each of the different sections of the city, so...
Ah, my mistake. I just checked and it does seem that everything is encased within stone walls with propellers on the bottom. Though it is hard to tell whether certain "cliffs" are made of dirt or stone (the kind used to make the walls).

But perhaps this is a different kind of sky island. Maybe the Oocca didn't want to return to the surface (if that's what happens to all the islands at the end of SS), so they decided to use stone casings and propellers to keep their island afloat, or maybe it's something important (Sky Temple?) that everyone decided to keep safe by sending it into the sky. On the other hand, maybe they are just a group of people who wanted to emulate the ancient floating cities of SS.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
I do not think it was an intentional hint. If anything, it makes me think of the Sky Temple that was planned to be in OoT, but which was scrapped later in the development. This seems like it could be a re-imagining of that original concept.

I do believe that the semi-abandoned City in the Sky, might have started the developers thinking about what a more populated City in the Sky might look like with people, and why they would be there. That is really all it would take to lead to the basic premise of Skyward Sword... the ancestors of the Hylians living in the clouds rather than down on the world below.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom