• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Was There an Area in a Game That Made You Quit Playing?

Mask-Salesman

And now.. That imp has it
Guess it's a cliché to say the Water Temple. But I actually had problems finding the Kokiri Sword when I first played the game. I was 4, couldn't ready English, we didn't have the internet for walkthroughs and it was the first time playing Zelda. Man, the game was hard then :P.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I was so frustrated with the Carriage part in TP when I first played it. I just couldn't get through that part. I got so frustrated and mad and angry I tossed the game aside for more than a year. then I picked it up and managed to beat it. I played on and beat the game so I was so happy. Now several times later (I have beaten the game like 100 times now) I still hate that carriage part. Oh and the wrestling part annoys me madly too.

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
I had to quit playing Skyward Sword for a while and then restarted later because of how long that while was because I keep hurting my self while fighting Ghirahim. Those precise movements hurt my wrist.

DarkLink7

I make my own fate!
Mine'd have to be the carriage part and Gerudo desert and the Palace of Twilight in TP, and the Silent Realms in SS.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I got lost in Link's Awakening, well not lost, just stuck. And every time I go to play it again, I have no idea where I am, what I'm doing, or why I'm even playing. So I just end up staring blankly at the screen and then shutting it down.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
AoL: where you have to talk to that one NPC (Bagu I think?) that's hidden in a random forest square that you'd never even think to look for. I mean there isn't even anything telling you that you should be looking for someone, let alone any hints about where to look.
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ This.

Also, Forsaken Fortress in The Wind Waker, the first time. It was my first Zelda game so I was really young. I don't know what was wrong with me, but I never knew how to escape from the cell (our TV was too dark to actually see the hole behind the pot) and I couldn't get to the top of the tower. I had to look up a walkthrough a good year later.

And I have currently... kind of quit OoA because I can't for the life of me figure out how to get to Tingle. It's probably really obvious, but I feel like I've gone over the whole map and found nothing.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
To get to tinglelingle you need your animal companion. if it's a series of chasms it's MOosh if it's just holes then it's riki.

onebizarrekai

gay energy
Silent realms in Skyward Sword. They're the only reason I haven't beaten that game. Actually, I don't like the Imprisoned battles either, but I SERIOUSLY don't like the silent realms. They freak me out, not to mention they are very repetitive.

Also, the first Dark World dungeon in A Link to the Past. I can't remember if I've even beaten it yet.

... and the first dungeon in Zelda II.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
Almost ragequitted when fighting Girahim that first time because Link wouldn't do what I was doing with the controller. But I quit just after the first Silent Realm. I hate the Silent Realms.

And I quit AoL pretty much immediately when I kept getting game overs and having to restart from the beginning over and over again... HATED that

TheRockinStallion

If I'm not back in 15 minutes, just wait longer!
Didn't we cover that already? I'M A DUDE!
I never got any further than getting the Master Sword in ALttP. At the time, I thought the rest of the game was too hard.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Death Mountain in Adventure of Link. I probably could get through it if I sat down with the game and really played it for a long time, but it took me forever just to beat the first palace and make it that far, far longer than it should have, so I just gave up.

Beeker

Wild Card
Before I knew what walkthroughs were, OoT was the one game I got stuck on and quit halfway through. I was at Zora's domain,and had no idea at the time how to open up Jabu Jabu. Needless to say, years later when I tried the game again realized I just needed a fish, I felt incredibly stupid.

In the Water Temple, I forgot about the key under the middle tower, so I was looking all over the place for a key to get to Dark Link. After about an hour of fruitless effort, I rage quit.

Also, in the Skyview Temple, I got so freaked out at the new Skulltula design that I stopped playing for a week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom