• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

WW-Wii U Was the Slapstick in Wind Waker Too Much?

Wind Waker's humour is far beyond anything else that Zelda has seen on the home console front and while I loved it and term the moments of slapstick to be amongst the classic Zelda scenes of all time, there are also people who think that these moments of slapstick were uncalled for and over done and some even say repetitive, (one can only assume that they're drawing similarities between being launched at the Forsaken fortress and face-planting the tower of the Gods)

So how about you, WW's humour and moments of slapstick; overused, just right, not enough or just terrible on all accounts?

I found it to be very unique and entertaining for the series. My favorite part was the part where the pirate crew prepares to launch Link into the Forsaken Fortress; his odd grunting noises were priceless. Overall, WW's slapstick was very reminiscent of anime—One Piece in particular, given the pirates and such...

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I personally think the game didn't have enough slapstick humor; stuff like the Forsaken Fortress Launch scene could've be reused countless numbers of times and still give me a good laugh.

That being said, I think the humor was just right for the game; with the art style it was like you were playing a cartoon, so why not have the good ol' humor instead of a gritty, paradoxical mood all of the time?

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
I found the humor quite well done. Others who dislike it may complain that it ruined serious moments, but I think it was good comic relief. Of course, the art style didn't make it feel dramatic, but the story was in thought.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Slapstick itself isn't bad...it's just that...Wind Waker put it at the worst places. Almost every potential serious or epic moment was ruined it. Aryll getting kidnapped, Foresaken fortress, Tower of the Gods...even Ganondorf's big scene was ruined.

I didnt mind I thought it was fitting I didn't think it was that funny though the only part I laughed was when the stone activated in links pocket while talking with tetra

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Done well slapstick appeals to the basic humor pleasure centers of our brains (it's funny to see others in pain).

Done wrong slapstick is the lowest form of humor (even beneath puns which i happen to have much respect for :P)

Wind Waker did slapstick wrong. See, slapstick never really fits anywhere, and as Darkest Link said they placed moments of slapstick at all the heaviest parts of the game and it detracted from the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom