• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Was the Final Battle a Disappointment?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Bottom line is... you're sorta complaining that a feature put in for newbies made things too easy, and broke up the tension of the scene, but you never had to do that in the first place.
See, that's entirely true. My problem with it all is that it's the final boss, it's supposed to be epic and gears grinding hard...or at least that is what we've come to expect. Take a look at Demise. He's a burly (man?), one could even say brutish. But that's his looks. Go into the battle, and [SPEAKING FOR MYSELF ONLY] he's about as easy as TP's Final Boss, just a tad bit harder because of reaction timing.

People tell me every day to consider Ghirahim III and the Horde as part of the final boss encounter as well, and I do, but we get a break in that "encounter". When are we ever supposed to be able to heal ourselves without any tension whatsoever in the midst of a boss battle? Yes, newcomers will have trouble, but you have to remember that this is the end of the road – there is no turning back. People are supposed to come into this final encounter totally prepared for anything, we aren't supposed to be given a Moment's Reprieve.

See, that's entirely true. My problem with it all is that it's the final boss, it's supposed to be epic and gears grinding hard...or at least that is what we've come to expect. Take a look at Demise. He's a burly (man?), one could even say brutish. But that's his looks. Go into the battle, and [SPEAKING FOR MYSELF ONLY] he's about as easy as TP's Final Boss, just a tad bit harder because of reaction timing.
I get it that this was the case for you, but it wasn't for other people. I've told you before that I had trouble fighting Demise, and I know I'm not alone in that. He's not an objectively easy boss; difficulty is never objective.

People tell me every day to consider Ghirahim III and the Horde as part of the final boss encounter as well, and I do, but we get a break in that "encounter". When are we ever supposed to be able to heal ourselves without any tension whatsoever in the midst of a boss battle? Yes, newcomers will have trouble, but you have to remember that this is the end of the road – there is no turning back. People are supposed to come into this final encounter totally prepared for anything, we aren't supposed to be given a Moment's Reprieve.
I also get what you're saying here, but you're still trying to argue about what another player should or should not be able to choose, when that's totally irrelevant if you choose to play it in the harder way. I do not understand how this, either, can be suggested to be some kind of objective fault. If you don't like it, don't use it. I don't think it's appropriate to complain about a choice that available for those who had trouble, because it doesn't make your experience easier unless you want it to be easier.

Demise was the hardest boss for me in Skyward Sword. I found doing the boss challenge mode easier than fighting Demise (and yes, I did do lightning strikes - I figured that out rather quickly).

Out of all the final boss fights I've done in the Zelda games I've played (i.e. TP, OoT, WW, etc), Demise was by far the hardest for me. It is also my favorite boss fight. The whole setup was so epic with the water and the sky and lightning. I did NOT expect that at all. The first time I held up my sword to see if I can do what Demise was doing totally made me like the battle. I felt so badass when that lightning struck my sword. My second favorite final boss fight is WW (with the water falling down all around you as Hyrule is drowned again--another great setup).

I was looking at this poll for hardest boss: http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/showthread.php?26398-Hardest-Boss-in-Skyward-Sword

A lot of people actually picked Demise. I was surprised though that a lot of people also picked the Imprisoned, a boss I didn't necessarily think was hard hard, bur found EXTREMELY ANNOYING! WHY COULDN'T IT JUST STAY SEALED!!

I think it's not. When I first fought Demise I died like 5 times in a row. Then I discovered how to beat him and now I found it pretty easy to beat. Maybe it's harder in Hero Mode.

D

Dodongo_Buster

it was very cool with the final blow twirly jump up really high thingy, but the final boss needed like 2 or 3 phases like in twilight princess.

Demise is one serious bad man, dont wanna walk into him in a dark alley way.

I beat the final boss on my second try but I used 1 heart potion too I died once because I din't know how to kill him but Ghirahim was way too easy in my opinion and demise was hard but not hard enough. In most zelda games you have easy bosses but you have alot of them in SS you have one easy boss and then you can restock and heal after that! I don't think they should have added that it makes it too easy if they didn't then demise would be alot harder. If you want a challenge then don't save or restock I did that (but I saved in case I failed) which I did but if you want a challenge just ignore the bird statue that somehow isn't in the sealed grounds in links time

At First, I Had No Idea How To Defeat Him And Had To Travel Back Up To Skyloft For Help(And Many Potions) And This Always Happens To Me, I Defeated Him Very Easily And Didn't Use One Potion. So Yes, I Was Somewhat Disappointed At How Easy it Was.

i personally liked the fight. the lightning part has got to be my favorite. the back ground was amazing to but the fight it self with him was a bit of a let down they should have given him more range of attacks but hey you get what you get and i liked every second of it

New Link

Link's Reincarnation
I liked the Demise fight! I think it was a very good atmosphere! I loved the part where the sky was full of lightning and you shoot each other with lightning. I don't think it was disappointing, it was a great fun battle. I did like the final ghirahim fight better though. I thought the three stages where fun and I loved watching him grunt in disappointment in the end. And I think they handled ghirahim much better than Zant. He was a little crazy and double faced but he was the main villain until very late in the game and the imprisoned was left a mystery for a lot of the game

I liked it, it was a little challenging, because you needed to have a perfet timing shield bash to not take damage, buti thnk ghirahim's fight was more challenging

Mickaroo

Call me Micky
Well, I found him really easy...but that's probably due to the fact that I consumed around four potions the entire battle. I expected it to be so hard, I went back up to skyloft and filled as many bottles as possible with Heart ++ potions, so the thought that if I took any damage I could easily replenish it kind of ruined the whole battle for me (I know, I did it to myself).
But the thing is, if I hadn't had any potions, I would have died four times. So that kind of puts it in perspective for me. I found Demise fairly easy to dodge (I just ran around in circles...boring) though it did take quite a long time to beat him. Next time I play through, I'm going to go straight into Demise from the horde and Ghirahim and see how easy THAT is

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
I found Demise to be easier than Demon Ghiriham seriously I used two of my Heart Potion++ and only 1/2 on the fight against Demise.

T

triple split

the final fight was was anti climatic there was nothing worth fighting for i already killed him once. there was no point in fighting him for me he did not even feel like a bad guy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom