• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Was the Final Battle a Disappointment?

I was expecting a second phase like: Demise's Anger (He turns to a fiery beast-thing) , Death by Demise (He dies but his soul lives and you have to enter the silent realms to defeat him), Demise's Power (He breaks the earth where they are and Link has to use the clawshot to climb up the falling rocks where Demise 2nd form is), or Ultimate Demise (a freaky flying form of him where you have to bring him down to attack). One thing that they could have been epic would that on the fatal blow he just pulls out your sword, throws it to the distance and just gets back on his feet with a more sinister look towards you.

Fullmetal

The Spy-Sniper Combo
I found the Demise battle a very satisfying final battle. It's not as easy as some people make it out to be, trying to find an almost non-existent weak point in Demise's defense. It pretty much took the final Ganondorf battle from TP, cut it down to two phases, and made massive improvements to it. No more of that rolling-around-to-the-back or chancing business, this is a battle where you face your opponent head on. I was very pleased with it.

L

link45

yes. the finish looked a lot cooler in tp than in ss. but the final boss was a lot better. and cooler

B

Belvin

Part of a boss's challenge is the duration without any chance of re-equipping. In FF games, a battle goes through 3 or 4 phases without a chance to heal or equip. TP did the same thing, but with a smaller chance of actually dying. SS would have risen to that challenge, except that it seems Nintendo didn't want to jack up the challenge too much by forcing the player to battle the horde, Ghatahim, and then Demise in both phases. I know I hungered for a greater challenge, and I would have welcomed it.

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
I don't think Demise was disappointing, but he was pretty easy. If you think about it, most of the final bosses in the 3D Zelda games are kind of easy. Ganondorf/Ganon from OoT was really easy; Majora was so so, Gandorf from the Wind Waker was easy; Gandorf/Ganon from Twilight Princess was really easy. Until you figure out how to beat him it can be really hard, but after you realize you have to stay near him and keep hitting him after he blocks your initial attacks it's pretty easy. The second phase is somewhat challenging, and you've got to be quick. I like the "skyward strike" concept both Demise and Link uses in the this final stage. I also found it pretty cool that you can't deliver a final blow until you knock him down a few times. Overall I enjoyed the boss fight. Sure, it wasn't too difficult, but neither were the other final bosses in the series. I thought it was a pretty normal final boss battle.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I found the Demise battle a very satisfying final battle. It's not as easy as some people make it out to be, trying to find an almost non-existent weak point in Demise's defense. It pretty much took the final Ganondorf battle from TP, cut it down to two phases, and made massive improvements to it. No more of that rolling-around-to-the-back or chancing business, this is a battle where you face your opponent head on. I was very pleased with it.
Demise's defense has no weak point, it's in his offense that you find a weakpoint. He attacks, you shield bash and get a hit or two in, shield bash the next hit, get a hit or two in, and repeat. Phase two, wait for lightning to strike then Skyward Strike his behind, beat him, then ending blow. It's simple, and the only chance for you to mess up is incorrect/faulty timing for the shield bash. Alternatively, you could do the two slash methoid but I don't want to explain.

Part of a boss's challenge is the duration without any chance of re-equipping. In FF games, a battle goes through 3 or 4 phases without a chance to heal or equip. TP did the same thing, but with a smaller chance of actually dying. SS would have risen to that challenge, except that it seems Nintendo didn't want to jack up the challenge too much by forcing the player to battle the horde, Ghatahim, and then Demise in both phases. I know I hungered for a greater challenge, and I would have welcomed it.
How I would love for Zelda to expand upon Final Fantasy's multi tiered boss battles. Take Caius Ballad from Final Fantasy XIII-2. He has cinematic actions, multiple phases, a kickass theme and is totally awesome. He takes actual skill to beat. Demise though? He is a joke, has two phases which are really just rehashes of TP Ganondorf's last phase, has a weak theme and is a joke once again. He takes no real skill to beat. Nintendo could learn something from Square Enix...and when I say something I really do mean many things.

I thought all the Ghirahim fights were amazing (especially the last one.) Demise was, eh, okay but could have been better.

LinkPTY

Skyward Wiimote
Nevermind what I said. I beat SS again today and the battle was *beeping* EPIC!

I agree with what TheBlueReptile said.

I've said this before, but to give Demise alone the tag of final boss is silly. If you are going to compare him to the likes of TP's four phases or the Ganondorf/Ganon battle then you need to include Ghirahim and the Horde as the role of the final boss as well. Demise alone was more like a final phase.

I'm not going to include the Zant battles with the final Boss fight in TP so why would I include the Ghirahim battles as such in SS?

What is funny is that I found a feature in the Demise battle and by accident I stumble on to it. By using the bug net (better to use a big bug net) you can actually send Demise's energy strike right back at him and this stuns him. I found this hilarious because Nintendo did the same thing when you fight Agahnim in Ganon's Tower in ALTTP and you could use the bug net to send his magic back at him. Just thought I shared that.

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man

I agree with this. I didn't mfind the battle too easy like others did, but I did think it was a bit simple. In fact, I'm starting to think it would've been much more... interesting had they thrown the horde, Ghirahim and then Demise at you at once with no rests in between. That would've probably been a bit excessive, but you get my point. I think the battle with Demise was a bit too simplistic, but then again, maybe I'm looking at it the wrong way... the fight would've probably been a bit much if paired with everything else. I still get the impression that while the setting and atmosphere were good, the battle was a bit un-inspired (the theme was good too, but it just didn't sound like a final battle to me...).

Oh, and...

What is funny is that I found a feature in the Demise battle and by accident I stumble on to it. By using the bug net (better to use a big bug net) you can actually send Demise's energy strike right back at him and this stuns him. I found this hilarious because Nintendo did the same thing when you fight Agahnim in Ganon's Tower in ALTTP and you could use the bug net to send his magic back at him. Just thought I shared that.

*hugs you*

Haha, just kidding. I've got to try that, though.

Last edited:
I liked part 2 and 3 of ghirmahim, but part 1 of ghirahim and demise was kinda booring. The lightning part was kinda cool though:)

Sage_Of_GaGa

13 and hopelessly in love
I wish it was A LOT longer and more difficult. If you count just Demise, then it was a disappointment. But If you count Ghirahim, the army of bokoblins, and Demise, then it was a great final battle.

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
I felt that Demise was hard for me. I don't know about anyone else but I enjoyed the fight. He was pretty tough for me. But hey, thats my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom