• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Was Skyward Sword too Long?

J

Jallyward

im not done yet but i dobt anyone one would finish it in about 100 hours like they said it will take roughly

Skyward Sword isn't too long per se, but some of the sections are artificial padding. There are portions of the game that are not as fulfilling and not handled as well (particularly the Song of the Hero quest), so I think things like that bother people and make the game feel too long. Arguably, it's really impossible for a game to be too long if it's done well. Length is only a problem if what you're doing isn't fun anymore. I think Skyward Sword should have actually upped the dungeon count a bit to help with this... make the other sections of the game feel like more compelling content. That or add more parts of the game where you revisit dungeons, like you did with Skyview Temple.

I didn't actually mind this problem much, though. I enjoyed the Song of the Hero quest pretty thoroughly, as well as the other "padding" areas of the game. But I think it's what bothers people about the length. Perhaps if instead of or after the really short Lanayru Gorge, there was a non-Timeshift Stone based Lanayru dungeon, like a cavern built into the gorge or something. This could be a dungeon for the entire Song of the Hero quest. That might have been cool.

shaymin1

Derp.
I actually don't think it was too long. If you were just finishing the main story without doing any of the side quests, collecting Goddess Cubes, getting Gratitude Crystals I would consider the game to be a bit short compared to other Zelda games (about 25 hours give or take).

No Zelda game is too long, perhaps too short, but too long? Never!

But maybe that's because my mind fails to comprehend how a game can be too long.
I would agree with you two for the most part, but that's because I've enjoyed every Zelda game I've played. Arguably, a game can't be too long if you're enjoying it, but if there's something you dislike about it or that hampers your enjoyment, that's when it would start to become too long. For some people, Skyward Sword did have detracting elements.

I really enjoyed it, i loved how straight forward it was and some of the puzzles were great. Defiantly the worth the $120 i payed for it. :)
...$120? How? Why? o_0

I actually thought it was too short, but I also don't remember having that much fun playing a video game, so I guess I was sad it ended. However, it could have used some more sidequests, and the sky could have had more islands. But plot-wise, it was a decent length.

Just perfect, I really dind't feel the lenght of a game so perfcet when I first played OoT
Skyward Sword (as my opinion) is the best game of the franchise mixing all the great things of other games
For me this game, Skyward Sword, fluyed smooth and perfectly

Skyward Sword is the perfect length. Of course, I always wish for a Zelda game to be longer because I don't want it to end. XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom