• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Was majoras mask just a dream?

So majoras mask is one of my favorite zelda games, and i have always wondered if there was some sort of message within this game. I have read a lot of theories, but i have never really found a theory i was satisfied with, so i decided to come up with my own theory.

It goes like this..

The skull kid is angry that his friends, the four giants, have left and betrayed him. So when two fairies, tatl and tael finds him left by himself, struggling with his loss, they decide to befriend him. One day, the skull kid takes tatl and tael with him to the lost woods, where they snatch a mysterious mask called majoras mask from a mask salesman, who happens to be wandering through the lost woods.

After stealing the mask from the mask salesman, the skull kid uses its dark magic to create a parallel world where he can get his revenge on his former friends, the four giants, by crashing the moon into clocktown, with the moon symbolizing his wrath. Link, being tired and exhausted from his previous battle against ganondorf, is also wandering through the lost woods, searching for his own fairy, navi the fairy.

The skull kid sneaks up on link, throws him off epona and steals his ocarina. Link then chases him through the lost woods, where he falls through a portal that leads into the parallel world of termina created by the skull kid. On his journey, link learns to heal peoples wounds with the song of healing [1] and that believing in his strengths a quote from the mask salesman [2] will get him through his journey.

After defeating the evil within majoras mask and saving clock town, the mask is cleansed from its dark magic and the dawn of a new day begins. Link is then seen riding into the fog, leaving the world of termina behind him in search of new adventures. The skull kid remains in termina with his two new best friends, tatl and tael, who were with him all the way through his struggle.

What do you guys think?

Last edited:
Yes, that makes a lot of sense too with the moon being his emotions.

My only question is, if the moon is representing his emotions, and not the people he meets on his journey, then why is everyone you meet in the game so angry and sad?

As for the side quests, i think nintendo had to put them in there just for replayability.

Last edited:

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
umm majora/skull kid caused some of the upset... changing kafei to a kid...freezing snowhead...

Spirit Mask Snowman

~ Deus' Pug Smuggler ~
ZD Legend
Site Staff
Well it began as a theory, now its mostly just an overview of the game. The only part left with a theory is that the skull kid stole and used majoras mask to create a fantasy world of termina.
That's not theoretical, The Legend of Zelda Encyclopedia states that is the case, if one wants to believe it.

Well, if thats the case, then theres isnt really much theory left in this thread.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom