• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask Was Majora's Mask Hard for You?

K

KokiriShroom

I've read alot of people saying it's a pretty hard game. I just beat it last weekend, and it was VERY easy. I got through Great Bay and Stone Tower, no sweat. Snowhead was probably the hardest. And even Gyorg was pretty easy :/ Was MM hard for you? :)

dumb180

Warrior Postman
Ok. The first time I played MM on an N64, I couldn't find the second dungeon. If memory serves correctly, I kept falling down that wall that leads to Darmani's grave for some unknown reason. Eventually I got frustrated and quit.

About a year ago, I downloaded MM on the VC and zipped through it fairly easily. I had a few issues here and there. Gyorg got me once, as did Wizzrobe, and also the Ice Gecko, but in terms of dungeons, I wouldn't really say it was terribly hard. Some of the sidequests were pretty challenging. For instance, it took me several weeks to figure out what to do with Anju and Kafei.

Last edited:

Peace Of Heart

Piece of Heart Collector
Majora's Mask was definitely harder then OoT. I remember playing that game for weeks. It wasn't so much the bosses(which were harder than OoT) but it was the puzzles. To even gain entrance to a Temple you have to solve a gigantic puzzle while running around that "realm". And once you did get inside a temple the puzzles inside there were of high difficulty as well.

So even though there was only four Temples, they made up for that by putting in High-difficulty puzzles that had me stuck for a very long while.

Ghosi

Schmetterling
It had some really hard puzzles in it, like the mirrors in Stone Tower Temple, but over all, it was pretty easy I guess.

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
It wasn't what I'd call hard, in fact I can face Majora right now in my file, but it does have it's ups and downs. I think the hardest dungeon was Stone Tower Temple, and Great Bay was a bit of a far away second. But MM wasn't actually hard for me. Looking back on it, it was just as hard as OoT, but with a twist. :D

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Majora's Mask was my first Zelda game so, yeah, that was pretty hard for me. I had to learn to think like a Zelda player for the first time. However, when you compare to the older games, MM doesn't seem that hard. If you're just playing it now, it probably won't be so hard since there's probably been plenty of times info about the game was given.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
To be honest, I didn't find the game all that hard. I found it easier than OoT, like in the dungeons. The Water Temple in OoT was harder than the Great Bay Temple. Stone Tower Temple was probably the hardest dungeon of the two games, but OoT also had the Forest Temple which was quite hard (imo).

Last edited:

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
I got this game when it first came out and figuring out what to do wasn't difficult for me it was actually doing the action or area that needed to be done that was difficult for me.

Kybyrian

I believe that Majora's Mask was of average difficulty. If you're good with puzzles and enjoy them as much as I do, then the game could have seemed pretty easy in some parts. There were quite a few puzzles in Majora's Mask when I think about it. Of course that's nothing compared to the amount of puzzles in Oracle of Ages, but that's for another thread.
Majora's Mask gained most of its difficulty from the time limit. The time limit made players feel a little more pressured when they were doing something important, and sometimes you had to be a bit more careful. You couldn't do and do a sidequest then with one day left decide you're going to go do this or that when it takes too much time. The fact that some items disappeared when you went back also added a bit of difficulty to the game, seeing as how you may need those items and have to go out and recollect them, which takes a little bit of time. Players had to think a little bit more throughout the entire thing so as to not let the time limit slip their minds. This may be what some players talk about when they refer to Majora's Mask as hard.

As far as the other aspects of the game go, I don't see too much of it as hard. The only thing that I remember being any bit of difficult was the Stone Tower Temple. It just seemed a little more challenging with its puzzles than some of the other dungeons in the game did. The bosses were of average difficulty, so I didn't find too much trouble with that. If you're really good at games or you seem to get the hang of Majora's Mask a bit easier than some games, then you'll have no trouble with it. Majora's Mask was by no means a hard game, but it wasn't a disappointingly easy game as we've been seeing recently.

K

KokiriShroom

I think OoT was actually harder than it. For some reason, I found the fire temple very difficult and the Water Temple wasn't so hard. I hope Skyward Sword adds alot more challenge, because I got through MM, WW, and TP way faster than I had liked too :/

Xixor

Warrior of the Past
It's especially hard if you put down the game for a week and then try to pick it back up. I forgot about it for a month while I was in the Stone Tower and I was so confused I just started the game over. That's when it's hard.

K

KokiriShroom

It's especially hard if you put down the game for a week and then try to pick it back up. I forgot about it for a month while I was in the Stone Tower and I was so confused I just started the game over. That's when it's hard.

I agree. I would only play the game on weekends because it didn't really feel like a game that I could just sit and play for half an hour and save. So whenever I'd come back, I'd spend like half an hour trying to figure out what I was last doing.

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
The only thing I found hard was getting The Zora Eggs on time and finding all the Masks so YouTube comes in handy.

I found that hard too. Mostly, for me it was just the time period dealie. However, because it added to the entire storyline of the game, (I'm thinking of you, Anju and Kafei Quest!) I'm now okay with the time limit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom