• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Was It Really That Bad?

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
Yeah, I just got Skyward Sword yesterday, and it's great! Music is grand, controls are superb, graphics can sometimes get dull in some places, but other than that it looks good looking too. I've only played 5 hours so far, and the story, characters, puzzles and combat is excellent.

But why? Why so many people saying it's so bad, even some people are trolling here in the ZELDA Dungeon saying that Skyward Sword, a ZELDA game is bad? Sure there are ups and downs but it doesn't break the game so much. Why are the good fans here saying it's bad? Some people said they registered here for the only reason to troll and bash on SS. Why can't people accept new things and stuff? Why do people have to be like that? =/

I got Skyward Sword and i'm loving it. We've heard reviews that praise the game (lots of em), and we've heard people bash and hate on it. I know it's everyone's own opinion, but Skyward Sword is a great game. Sure it has some flaws in it, but it's an overall, excellent game.

Since nothings perfect, but can be very good, I give The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword a 99/100.

Dukusword

Hylian Warrior
The only thing I truly miss is Hyrule field, I hope it goes back to that in Zelda Wii U but other then that I love SS.

TF/HH

TwilightFlame/HylianHero
Yeah, everyone seems really Bipolar about the game. Either they like it or they hate it. I love it, and I don't see why anyone else wouldn't.

Zelda is NOT new thats for sure, dont listen to the morons (You have to let me say this, they are all criticizers!) who say Zelda is a kiddie game, thats Zelda style! Skyward Sword graphics are great, and greater for those who like to stray away from what reality looks like. Dont listen to them, tell them that they dont matter because they never played enough of it!

Kid Buu

The Ultimate Majin
The only thing I truly miss is Hyrule field, I hope it goes back to that in Zelda Wii U but other then that I love SS.

Well this game IS a prequel to OoT. Since it's telling the story of how Hyrule came to be, we'll most likely see it in the Wii U Zelda.

People will complain, it's nature. But some whine cause it's too much like the formula, the thing that made Zelda popular, and some will complain, though I haven't heard as often, that it's too different.

Some will complain about the controls but I've never had a problem with it. typically it's due to too little movement, like moving your wrist instead of your arm. In this game it says that you have to actually put in effort and if you ever have problems, to test it out by doing wide swings in front of you to make sure that you're remote is working right. The point of the game is to use it like a sword and if you don't then you will mess up the calibration and not really get the full effect that the game is supposed to give to you. I love using the sword, I've never found battle to be so fun and actually run to fight things instead of just avoiding them because of wasted time. They make enemies challenging as well, in that if you do just randomly run up without being smart then in many chances you're going to die. And the enemies only get more difficult and at the right pace. It's no joke when they give you six hearts to start with because you'll need them. The first deku babas I encountered almost killed me because I was still getting used to the sword and enemies don't give you much time to just sit there and be like "yo, hit me." They attack, aggressively, dodge, and counter-attack, at a quick pace. You have a second of reaction time and if you don't take it, you will get hurt. If people don't like being challenged or come into a game with an already negative attitude then of course they're going to have a bad experience. This game is amazing and is everything I was anticipating and more!

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
This always happens with any game release. No game can please everyone. I can understand why some people would hate the game, but that's simply due to personal complaints, such as not liking the motion controls or how much the formula was changed up (which was insane, I'm actually having to relearn Zelda after 12 years). Nothing about the actual game itself is bad. Every bit of it is superb. Of course, that doesn't mean it's 100% perfect, but it's as close to it as a game can get. Haters gonna hate. That's life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom