• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Adventure of Link Was It Hard For You?

S

Shadow Ukio

Well out of the whole series Zelda II Adventures of Link and Links Awakening are the only two games I havent beaten.

Right now I am having the hardest time playing Zelda II it took me idont know how long just to get past the first dungeon.

I guess that means this will be the worst Zelda game for me
Anyone else have problems when playing Zelda II?

Valexi

Hylian Thief
Yeah, I'm playing AoL currently too.
I'm trying to play all Zelda games in a row, and I had never played AoL before.
It is really difficult for me, and I'm starting to hear Ganons laugh in my sleep.
However, if you're playing the game on an emulator, there's a way to make it easier by having Save States before entering dungeons or facing bosses ect, since you can just restart from a certain point by using the Save State instead of going all the way back to the start point when you die.
But, I'm trying to get through the game without all that, it just makes the final victory all the more glorious.
Might be helpful to others though.

Also; I highly recommend using the sites guide for getting through Death Mountain for the hammer.
It will drive you insane to go through there blind.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I tried playing AoL, and I failed miserably. I don't think I'll try it again, it's too hard. I guess someone else will do a better job of stopping Ganon from coming back lol.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
It really wasn't too hard for me after I got into it. Then again, I used a walkthrough. However, I would say that it's a lot harder than Link's Awakening, so if you want to get closer to your goal faster, you're better off trying to play Link's Awakening first.

I wouldn't consider AoL the hardest game in the series, but I can see how it would be very hard for some people.

Kybyrian

I personally consider Zelda II to be the hardest game in the entire series. It was a lot different from the other games, so I think that most of the difficulty came from me not being used to playing like that. I was so used to playing Zelda games that weren't sidescrollers. Though that's obvious, because none except Zelda II had a big sidescrolling theme to it.

The dungeons could be very difficult, and not to mention the places where you started once you died could make it very frustrating. If you're having trouble with the first dungeon, wait until you get to The Valley of Death. Word on the street is that it's very difficult, and I seem to remember so myself. Good luck playing through it, you might need it! I know I did.

AaronX

One who sits
Zelda II is hard, no matter how many upgrades for the sword/life/magic you have. But it does get easier once you've played it for a while, and your a bit better at it and whatnot.

S

Shadow Ukio

Well so far Zelda II has been my Epic Fail Ive played and beaten all but it and Links Awakening which i can never find that game anywhere.

bds1110

Imp
I tried, but never got past the first dungeon. I just gave up then.

It's a shame so many people give up though, I hear it's pretty good once you get the hang of it. But I never can get the hang of it. e__e

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
AoL is very hard! I had a hard time in the second palace because I didn't know I was supposed to go to Death Mountain first. I think I died at least 50 times throughout the game, and most of them were because of the second palace! I eventually used a walkthrough, which helped a lot.

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
To my best recollection, I actually played through all of the game without a walkthrough, but not without lots of trouble. I found the game to be very, very difficult, but I enjoyed the portions where I wasn't being brutally eviscerated. It comes to you after a while, but it's still quite hard, even at that point.

A

Algalord

I wouldn't want all of the games to be quite this difficult, but I'd much rather have them err on the side of being too difficult than being too easy—how can you achieve any sense of accomplishment if none of the puzzles of enemies put up much of a fight?

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
See, this is what I don't like hearing. People complain about new Zelda games being too easy, but then give up on the harder ones. It's not that hard a game if you handle it properly.

1. Take dungeons one level at a time. Go all the way left on the main floor, see where it takes you. Can't go any further? Head back to the right and see where it takes you. Think about when you go down an elevator where you end up, and how far down you go. Don't just run around everywhere. There isn't specific puzzle rooms -- the whole dungeon is the puzzle.

2. Handle levelling up properly before you run into a dungeon. Mess around in the forrests and gain XP before venturing into a dungeon. It's a lot of work, but try to balance out so you're roughly at the same level for each category.

3. Use magic wisely. Use Shield and Life often. If you have the chance to grab a magic bottle, especially a red one, use Life even if you only have one block down, then grab the bottle to refill. It's simple, and it works.

4. When in doubt go down and to the right. This works in dungeons and also Death Mountain. It's not a fool-proof method, but it often works.

But really, to answer the question - I found it challenging, but not difficult. I played through the whole title on the original NES, without save states that can be made with an emulator or the Wii VC. It took awhile, but it's doable without walkthroughs or cheating.

Moldorm

Is not Error
I think AoL is one of the more challenging of the series. I haven't played them all, so I can't say whether or not it's the hardest. But I'd be willing to bet it's somewhere towards the top. Personally, I love it. In fact, I recently replayed it using a walkthrough, and it was great. I had the original on the nes and played it all the time when I was a kid. But I'll admit, it took me forever to finish it for the first time.

For anyone trying, my advice is to just stay patient and use every battle to your advantage. XP is your friend. So, get off the path already. :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom