• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess Was It a Filler, or Did Nintendo Put Their 100% in It?

geek4887

The Unknown
The title says it all, my friends. Twilight Princess is probably the most controversial Zelda game to date, if not of all time. It's one of those games that makes you feel doubtful about something. On the contrary, Twilight Princess is my 2nd favorite Zelda game, but I wanted to see what others would think. Rumors say that Twilight Princess is nothing but fanservice, others argue that Nintendo's main motive in crafting this game is to beat Ocarina of Time as the "best". So, what do you guys think?>.>

~SkullKid~

~Mazuke~
Well, as TP being the first Zelda game I played and my favorite Zelda game, I would have to say that it is not filler. It is a very fun game that I think Nintendo was trying to add a new race (Twilight) and a new style of Zelda. I dont think it was trying to beat OoT though. They just wanted to continue the story of the OoT time Line. They continue it by making Ganondorf cameback and they made a new villian named Zant who was Trying to take over Hyrule. Thats all I think TP is.

Last edited:

Rytex

Resident Netizen
I think back then, everyone wanted to dethrone Ocarina of Time as the highest-ranked game in history. However, Nintendo did put their best foot forward. I mean, would they really have just made it a filler if they had delayed it a whole year, used graphics that were unheard of at the time, AND made it as good a game as it is today?

TrueChaos

Defender of Hyrule
i didn't think it was controversial at all, much less the msot in the series. i'd of thought MM would be. they put a lot of time and thought into it and they did a great job.

Links Brother

I am Links older Brother!
Well, not 100%, 80% maybe 85%. But not a filler, it had good things to it that you just know took Nintendo a while to make. So I think Nintendo did work hard but I don't think they put their all into the game. If they did we would not be talking about this today.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
Recall the spaceworld 2000 demo. It had a realistic fight scene of ganondorf and link duking it out. this got the fans all hyped up thinking the next game would have something similar to this with extreme epicness. Instead they got windwaker, the exact opposite of what they were expecting. The cel-shaded graphics wer contoroversial, and there of course was obnoxious whining from the fans that they wanted a realistic zelda (which i think is ridiculous that they couldnt give the game a chance just because of its graphics. WW is personally my favorite.)

Anyways onto the main point, i dont think TP was a filler at all. People still had the image of a realistic epic ganondorf/link battle in their head. Nintendo gave them this in TP so theyd be satisfied. Also i think that since WW wasn't exactly the new intense 3D title to show up OoT that the fans wanted, this is why TP was made (note the similarities in OoT and TP). TP in my opinion was basicly Nintendo's attempt at a new modern, epic repeat of the classic that everyone loved

Z

Zanondorf

I vote 100%, but I believe Phantom Hourglass was a filler and the worst zelda game I've played, sorry Nintendo, no disrespect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom