• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Was Halo 4 Really Deserving of the M Rating?

The most I have ever played of a Halo game is about five minutes of a multiplayer match in Halo 3, and I sucked. Nevertheless, I've seen a fair bit of the Halo series, and its M rating has perplexed me a bit. Case in point: Halo 4 was rated M for only "Blood and Violence," not even "Blood and Gore and Intense Violence." Since I haven't seen the entirety of Halo 4, much less the whole series, do you believe Halo 4 and its preceding games deserved the M ratings they got, or did it feel obligatory?

Halo games have never been known for grotesque depictions or excessive swearing. The most I've seen an installment rated for-Halo 2-is blood, language, and violence.

In contemporary society, most games with realistic gun depictions (be it traditional human warfare or alien onslaughts) receive an M rating. When characters perish as they do in the Halo franchise there is no avoiding the M rating.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
In halo 4 a woman is disintegrated and you see her flesh being stripped away. It is deserving of the rating it got, which here in the Uk is 16. This is the rating for all other halo games, and it is the one I believe is most appropriate. They are pretty violent games, and although not particularly graphic there is quite a bit of blood.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom