• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Was Ganondorf "chosen" or Not

M

morgoth834

Something (I have no idea what, exactly) could have happened in those years to cause the Triforce to break. SOMEBODY with an unbalanced heart probably had to touch it, seeing that Ganondorf was in possession of the ToP during his execution (it can be seen on his hand in the cutscene).
No one actually even had to touch the triforce... In MM, Link still has the ToC. Therefore, the triforce would be but two pieces making it completley unstable causing it to most likely break apart and go on the "chosen" ones. I have always belived the one with the most power would recieve the ToP therefore Ganon got it as he was a powerful wizard. I don't belive he was chosen by the gods at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, this is how I view it, and it's a pretty nice theory if I do say so myself.

I just rewatched the ending to OoT. Zelda specifically says: "You must lay the Master Sword to rest and close the Door of Time."

Link has the power to close the door of time. This would solve everything. When Link returned to his childhood the Future ToC (FToC) split and hid itself (WW), and when he returned to the ToT, the Sarced Realm was still open, thus the Past Triforce could have split and went to Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf. After it split, Link returned the MS and closed the DoT. Went to Zelda, blah, blah, blah. It explains everything.

Link has the power to close the door of time. This would solve everything. When Link returned to his childhood the Future ToC (FToC) split and hid itself (WW), and when he returned to the ToT, the Sarced Realm was still open, thus the Past Triforce could have split and went to Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf. After it split, Link returned the MS and closed the DoT. Went to Zelda, blah, blah, blah. It explains everything.

But it doesn't explain the fact that the Triforce has to split after someone touches it. If you read my previous posts on the last page, you'll see what my reasoning is. Of course, you would have to believe Ganondorf entering the SR and touching the Triforce was an event on both sides. Without someone of an inbalanced heart touching it, the Triforce would never split. So that even has to have occured even in Child Link's time. (Child Link pulls out MS, Ganondorf sneaks in, wishes on the Triforce, it splits, he gets the piece of power, Child Link returns to his time only moments after the time he left, tells Zelda, Ganondorf is imprisoned).

Zarom

The King
I think Ganondorf :ganondorf: succeeded in entering the Sacred Realm in the CT only while Link was in Termina. Otherwise, if Ganondorf had entered in the Sacred Realm again while Link was still in Hyrule, Link would have done everything to stop him. So, I don't think he was chosen. In both timelines, he steals the Triforce, that's all there is to it. :cool:

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
well you don't have to be chosen to get the triforce but rather you must have the keys to the sr where it is and find it. Bad old Gannypoo just went there and stole it so he could return to rule the world and was stopped by link.

I've actually thought of this before. Gannon is always trying to steal the Triforce no? That obviously means he wasn't chosen to get the triforce. From what I collect, Gannon got the ToP in the original. However it was taken from him, yet he absorbed some of it's power. That's my view on it.

I don't believe that Ganondorf was necessarily chosen by the Goddesses to hold the ToP.

I always thought when Ganondorf entered the Sacred Realm and touched the Triforce, his lust of power split the Triforce. However, of these pieces, the ToP chose to remain with him, just as the other pieces chose Link and Zelda. So was he chosen? Perhaps in a way, but I don't think the Goddesses decided one day that they would give a power-hungry jerk some more power.

As for the execution scene in TP, I am puzzled. We see that Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf each have a piece of the Triforce even though Link never opened the Sacred Realm to Ganondorf. Perhaps Ganondorf found another way to break into the SR? Or maybe it was Zelda who split the Triforce like Zeruda suggested? Again, I like to think that Ganondorf wouldn't be handed the ToP, but I could be wrong. :P

Clucluclu

Time for waffles
If you have forgoten, the Temple of Time is destroyed in TP. I think that this leaves the possibility that there was access to the Sacred Realm where the Triforce may have been touched and thus split.

Megamannt125

Blue Link
Well, I always thought, that it was caused by the split, because Ganondorf has the triforce of power in Wind Waker, some sort of thing, caused Ganondorf in TP to recieve it. A "Divine Prank".

I recall Sheik saying that

"If one's heart is not inbalance the triforce will split in three peices. Courage, Wisdom, And Power. The peice one most believes in will be one's. "

Or something like that. Ganondorf believed in power most, so it was his. Simple answer. But as for being chosen by the godess....I don't think so.

Dungeon killer

Dungeon's Shall Fall!
I don't believe that Ganondorf was necessarily chosen by the Goddesses to hold the ToP.

I always thought when Ganondorf entered the Sacred Realm and touched the Triforce, his lust of power split the Triforce. However, of these pieces, the ToP chose to remain with him, just as the other pieces chose Link and Zelda. So was he chosen? Perhaps in a way, but I don't think the Goddesses decided one day that they would give a power-hungry jerk some more power.

As for the execution scene in TP, I am puzzled. We see that Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf each have a piece of the Triforce even though Link never opened the Sacred Realm to Ganondorf. Perhaps Ganondorf found another way to break into the SR? Or maybe it was Zelda who split the Triforce like Zeruda suggested? Again, I like to think that Ganondorf wouldn't be handed the ToP, but I could be wrong. :P

Yes, this seems like the most relative option, it say's it in the manga (yah, I know it's 100% canon), also they say that in Oot if I remeber correctly. But i have always believed in this theory ever since I became a zelda fan.
But most of the other theory's are also possibly true, there is no way to find out unless someone does alot of research.:nerd:

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
Anyone who bears the symbol of the Triforce on the back of their hand is considered chosen by the gods. It states this multiple times throughout the series. Yes, that means even Ganondorf, though he is big, mean, bad, and seemingly stole the Triforce from the Sacred Realm, is chosen as well.

Examples? Well, without even entering the Sacred Realm, Ganondorf obtains the Triforce of Power in TP. Being on the CT, the event of Ganondorf entering the SR after Link pulled the MS from the pedestal in OoT never existed. So obviously, he recieved it because he was the one chosen. The text within the game describes it as a "divine prank", divine referring to the Gods/Goddesses.

Then you have actual in-game text that specifically states he is chosen, here:

Yeah i remember this. but i assume they call it divine prank" because they have no idea how ganondorf got the triforce of power. So that would mean that the sages in TP had no idea about the event during ocarina of time.

Because in ocarina of time when you get the light arrow, sheik tells you the legend passed down by the sheikah.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZ0Lc2qh5wU

At 1.46 sheik tells the reason why ganondorf has the Triforce of Powah!

^But you have to remember, that's the "Adult Timeline" so they say. Twilight Princess takes place on the other side, the side where Ganondorf never entered the Sacred Realm and never got the Triforce. They tried to kill him after the events of Ocarina of Time, but he still somehow had that piece of Triforce. I honestly have no idea how that happened. It would make sense for Link and Zelda to have their respective pieces in TP, just because they're the descendants of OoT Link and Zelda, but Ganondorf doesn't fit in there. Very weird indeed, and I can only assume the gods "chose" him because I can't see any other way right now.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
^But you have to remember, that's the "Adult Timeline" so they say. Twilight Princess takes place on the other side, the side where Ganondorf never entered the Sacred Realm and never got the Triforce. They tried to kill him after the events of Ocarina of Time, but he still somehow had that piece of Triforce. I honestly have no idea how that happened. It would make sense for Link and Zelda to have their respective pieces in TP, just because they're the descendants of OoT Link and Zelda, but Ganondorf doesn't fit in there. Very weird indeed, and I can only assume the gods "chose" him because I can't see any other way right now.

Then i don't know either, the whole split timeline is the cause of most confusion.
Yes i'm aware that TP plays after the events in the child timeline, then can you explain why link and zelda still have the triforce at the end of OOT?
If link and zelda has it, then i'm positive ganondorf also still has the tricforce.

Dungeon killer

Dungeon's Shall Fall!

Remeber, the ToP never left Ganondorf, ever since he entered the sacred realm and took it. That is how he get's loose again and that's how he has it in Ww, maybe that's how he keeps escaping eternal doom. But there is probably a different way it happened in Tp or maybe Ganondorf is emortal and has lasted from the bloodline of link and zelda for so long. But why isn't he the main villain in Ph did bellum have anyhting to do with ganondorfs return, like in OoS and OoA with Veran and Onox. Also anwsering onilink's question, it was the same the ToW and ToC never left Link and Zelda, probably when they died (if they did) and then it went to there bloodline as the heir's of the chosen hero of time and princess of hyrule.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom