• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Was Ganondorf "chosen" or Not

HerosDescendant

Link/Starfire.
Ya know, there are two problems with that developer quote that was posted earlier.

1. In OoT, when Link is sent back to his childhood, he is in the room where the Master Sword is kept. If the Door of Time is was never opened, how did Link get out? And don't say he climbed out the window, because that is just stupid.

2. If the Triforce was untouched when Link went back in time, how come Link has the Triforce of Courage on his hand when he reenters Zelda's courtyard. No, its not the "hero's symbol" like the one in AoL, because the Courage symbol is lit up, so don't use that excuse.

And the idea that someone else went and touched the Triforce after Link was sent back has a problem in it too. If someone else with an unbalanced heart touched it, THAT person would've gotten a piece of the Triforce, and either Link, Zelda, or Ganondorf (depending on which piece that other person got) wouldn't have their piece.

I think that he was chosen by the gods to be the only male born of the gerudo race in 100 years. I don't think that boy was born evil, he chose his path to evil. he didn't have to kill women and children. He was born as a thief, not a merciless murderer. The only reason why he was chosen as the triforce bearer was because he was the third most influential being of his time. :ganondorf:

Shadow Wolfo

Darkest Wolfo There Is!
He stole and it gave him so much power he would do or kill anything to get the other two Tri-force pieces. Even Choke Tetra in WW(until he realized it was zelda).
Oh and.When Evil touched the sacred Triangles each would go to the person who touched and two Chosen people that would soon save the day.

As it was stated in ALttP and OoT...

"If a person who has an evil heart gets the Triforce, a Hero is destined to appear... and he alone must face the person who began the Great Cataclysm. If the evil one destroys the Hero, nothing can save the world from his wicked reign. Only a person of the Knights Of Hyrule, who protected the royalty of Hylia, can become the Hero..."

"If the heart of the one who holds the sacred triangle has all three forces in balance, that one will gain the True Force to govern all. But, if that one's heart is not in balance, the Triforce will separate into three parts: Power, Wisdom and Courage."

It was also said when Ganondorf touched the Triforce when Link opened the Door of Time for him, the Triforce split and chose their rightful owner. Courage to Link, Wisdom to Zelda and Power to Ganon.

Darknut

time to panic
It was also said when Ganondorf touched the Triforce when Link opened the Door of Time for him, the Triforce split and chose their rightful owner. Courage to Link, Wisdom to Zelda and Power to Ganon.[/QUOTE]

Power had no choice but to go to Ganondorf, Ganondorf touched it so I think he had to get something.

Clucluclu

Time for waffles
Someone said this earlier in the thread, that the door of time never opened on the CT.
If this is true, then what is Link doing with the Master Sword in MM?

Mike Pothier

Lord Shaper
Someone said this earlier in the thread, that the door of time never opened on the CT.
If this is true, then what is Link doing with the Master Sword in MM?

...nothing. He didn't have the MS in MM. He started with the Kokiri Sword, and he could upgrade to the Razor Sword and finally Gilded Sword.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
...nothing. He didn't have the MS in MM. He started with the Kokiri Sword, and he could upgrade to the Razor Sword and finally Gilded Sword.

And, eventually, Great Fairy's Sword.

You can tell by looking at it that it is NOT the MS.
And in the CT, he never even got the Spiritual Jewels, so there's no chance that the Door was open

Mike Pothier

Lord Shaper
Do we know the exact moment the timeline split in OoT? I always assumed that it split the moment Ganondorf found the Triforce, but Twilight Princess proved that theory wrong.

Oathkeeper95

The Oath of Kinbaku, Tzion, Terra, and Iscariot.
He could have simply gotten out of that room by teleporting. He still had the Ocarina of Time ya know. Im gonna check the final cutscene one more time and then ill be back with my opinion

Steve

5/19/13
Several instances from a few games describe that the Triforce is divided amongst those who are chosen by the goddesses, and if you want to be technical, neither Link, Zelda, nor Ganon are chosen. The Triforce is supposed to belong to the person of a balanced heart, and from what we've seen in the ending of The Wind Waker, that person is the King of Hyrule himself. So why would the goddesses choose Ganon? They wouldn't, but you see Them and the Triforce are separate, and if you want to get deeper than that, the Triforces of Power, Courage, and Wisdom are also separate. For those who use Ganondorf in Twilight Princess as evidence for saying he's chosen, no, because when Link returns, it's after Link opened the Door of Time and Ganondorf had gotten the ToP. So simply put, Ganondorf stole the Triforce of Power, it was not given to him. Furthermore, being chosen to obtain the Triforce and being prophesied to, are two different things.

HerosDescendant

Link/Starfire.
He could have simply gotten out of that room by teleporting. He still had the Ocarina of Time ya know. Im gonna check the final cutscene one more time and then ill be back with my opinion

Then why didn't he just play the ocarina instead of walking towards the door of time. I'm pretty sure if he turned around he would notice the door is closed.

And how do you figure that Link never got the Spiritual Stones when he returned to his past? What I think is that he returned the stones to their owners after the events of OoT (minus the Deku Tree of course cause he is dead, so Link probably returned the stone of the forest to one of the kokiri, perhaps Saria).

I never gave this much thought really. I always assumed that Link was just teleported back to his time. What I would suggest is that he obviously had to go back when the door was still open. As a kid, yes he still had the Ocarina, but he turned around and walked (seemingly out) through the Door of Time.

For those who use Ganondorf in Twilight Princess as evidence for saying he's chosen, no, because when Link returns, it's after Link opened the Door of Time and Ganondorf had gotten the ToP.

This is a nice point. I have always believed that Ganondorf just got the ToP because he was destined to do so. But this could be a good theory as well.

What we have to look at is the time that Link was sent back. It is still (and probably will continue to be) and unanswered question. On normal, real-world understanding, sending Link back would have rendered the AT non-existant. However, the games play off of the split timeline theory. So it would make sense for Link to have been sent back after he pulled the sword out to the same time that he is sent back each time you return the MS to its pedestal. This would not hurt any events on the AT, explain how the path to the SR was openend for Ganondorf to obtain the ToP, and answer the "leaving through the Door of Time" question.

The reason most people disregard this idea is the very final scene, where Link is shown talking to Zelda. Based on Zelda looking through the window, and he reaction when seeing Link, players believe that this is the first time Link meets Zelda. This would, however, cause a lot of problems, as Link met Zelda after obtaining only one Spiritual Stone. Without the other two, the Door of Time could have never been opened. So, Link being sent back after pulling the MS out makes much more sense storyline-wise.

L

Lonewolf92

Ok. Let me get this cleared up. *Ahem* In OoT, after you beat the Spirit Temple, you go to the Temple Of Time an Sheik meets you there. Sheik tells you that 7 years ago, you opened the Door Of Time, therfor letting Ganondorf and all his evil power, into the door to the Sacred Realm, therfor granting him acess to the triforce. Sheik also said that the Triforce will stay in peace until it is stolen, and only one with balence in teir heart would get all the Triforce, but, otherwise, he who stole the Triforce would get only one peice, and the other two would be chosen by the Triforce. And, since Ganondorf's heart is pure Evil, the Sacred Realm transformed into living Hell, but that is off topic. Therfor, Ganondorf was NOT chosen, he was just a very sneaky theif.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom