• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Was Ganondorf "chosen" or Not

T

Toon link

Uhmmm TRIFORCE...... A person of light ( Zelda) a person of darkness( Ganondorf) and a person to balance the opposites sides (Link)
you male a good point. I think that you theory also would work.

HerosDescendant

Link/Starfire.
But if the Door of Time was never opened in the "CT" (I personally don't believe in a split timeline)and the Triforce was never touched, how did it split apart? If you recall, Link still had the ToC when he went back to his past (you can see it on his hand when he enters the courtyard at OoT's end).

I believe that Zelda sent Link back to the time right after Ganondorf had touched the Triforce. I believe that the pieces of the Triforce act sort of like a medication, in which they take time to adjust to the bearer's body, which would explain why Ganondorf's didn't activate until his execution.

I also believe that the whole sending Link 7 years into the future thing was, in a way, some sort of test to deem Link's courage true, much like in TWW's Tower of the Gods, and that when he went back in time, it was erased, as in, it never actually happened. You just believe this "split timeline" crap because you don't want Hyrule to disappear as it did in TWW (which is the last game in the timeline, not counting PH).

I've been told that lots of fans just gave up on a single timeline because they couldn't make it work. Well guess what, it CAN, and I don't give up so easily. The series is incomplete, and this whole "split timeline" thing is just an excuse to make a complete timeline before all of the games(stories) are made. You guys are just impatient.

Oh, and by the by, it's not the "world" of Hyrule, it's called the LAND of Hyrule. Get it right.

Sorry if I went off topic there.

I believe that Zelda sent Link back to the time right after Ganondorf had touched the Triforce. I believe that the pieces of the Triforce act sort of like a medication, in which they take time to adjust to the bearer's body, which would explain why Ganondorf's didn't activate until his execution.

This developer quote (thanks to Zeruda) disagrees with that theory.

[AONUMA ON TP]
"In practical terms, at the end of Ocarina of Time Link departs from the world where he defeated Ganon. This may be christened the adult timeline, which eventually forms the backbone of Wind Waker. However, by going back in time a new timeline is spun off. In this timeline Link never opens the door to the Sacred Realm, and Ganon never touches the Triforce. He is eventually caught and executed, and this timeline becomes Twilight Princess. This works because of the intended consequences."

You just believe this "split timeline" crap because you don't want Hyrule to disappear as it did in TWW (which is the last game in the timeline, not counting PH).

Actually, we believe it because the guy who actually makes the games tells us. Split timeline is a fact.

I've been told that lots of fans just gave up on a single timeline because they couldn't make it work. Well guess what, it CAN, and I don't give up so easily. The series is incomplete, and this whole "split timeline" thing is just an excuse to make a complete timeline before all of the games(stories) are made. You guys are just impatient.

I've read just about every one of your posts, and have read every one that has had to do with a timeline theory, and not one single time in over 100 posts have you successfully made a linear timeline work.

The fact that the series is incomplete, as you like to mention over and over, means absolutely nothing. Tomorrow, Nintendo could burn to the ground and another Zelda game might never come out. You think you could say the series is incomplete then? Actually, the series is as complete as they want it to be. There are no games that have left off with cliffhangers to follow up on. So if they wanted to, Nintendo could say they are done with Zelda.

Last edited:

HerosDescendant

Link/Starfire.
This developer quote (thanks to Zeruda) disagrees with that theory.

But once again, I ask you, HOW DOES THE TRIFORCE SPLIT APART!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
As mentioned in OoT, the Triforce can only seperate if one with an unbalanced heart touches it. If the Triforce is untouched when Link goes back in time, HOW DOES IT SPLIT?!

This "developer quote" is obviously a big, fat, lie. And you've fallen for it hook, line, and sinker.

Actually, we believe it because the guy who actually makes the games tells us. Split timeline is a fact.

Its called a LIE. People lie all the time! This could (and probably) be no different!

I've read just about every one of your posts, and have read every one that has had to do with a timeline theory, and not one single time in over 100 posts have you successfully made a linear timeline work.

You want to see a single timeline work, I'LL MAKE IT WORK, JUST YOU WATCH ME! I'll need some time though, but I WILL make it work, just wait and see!!!:mad:

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
People lie all the time! This could (and probably) be no different!
Why would Miyamoto and Aonuma lie? Just for laughs? Last time I checked, they took the series pretty seriously. I mean, it's a project that is over 20 years old and the story is STILL progressing and being worked on. You think they are just going to make random junk up?

Zelda started out with no intentions of a timeline AT ALL. Then the timeline came into effect when OoT was said to be the prequel to the games. Of course, common sense told us that OoT's ending called for a split timeline. Some people didn't believe it (why, I don't know). THEN, the split was confirmed, and those who didn't believe it before finally understood.

It's cool to have fan ideas and whatnot, but there are just some things that are deemed canon, and this timeline thing that you refuse to accept is one of them. It's not your decision, and it's not mine. It's the owners'. If the series was your own, you could decide what is and isn't canon, but that's just not how it is. What the owners say is canon IS CANON. Even if you found a way to work all the games into one timeline, it wouldn't be correct- it'd just be another fan timeline, and what the owners have deemed canon will be what is true.

It's okay to not want to accept it, but you have to realize that it is canon. Some parts of the series are not our choice.

No, we don't know how the Triforce split after OoT!Link went back in time, but if you have payed ANY attention at all to the series, you'll understand that not everything is explained in one game. Perhaps this new one will shed light on that mystery.

HerosDescendant

Link/Starfire.
Why would Miyamoto and Aonuma lie? Just for laughs? Last time I checked, they took the series pretty seriously. I mean, it's a project that is over 20 years old and the story is STILL progressing and being worked on. You think they are just going to make random junk up?

Zelda started out with no intentions of a timeline AT ALL. Then the timeline came into effect when OoT was said to be the prequel to the games. Of course, common sense told us that OoT's ending called for a split timeline. Some people didn't believe it (why, I don't know). THEN, the split was confirmed, and those who didn't believe it before finally understood.

It's cool to have fan ideas and whatnot, but there are just some things that are deemed canon, and this timeline thing that you refuse to accept is one of them. It's not your decision, and it's not mine. It's the owners'. If the series was your own, you could decide what is and isn't canon, but that's just not how it is. What the owners say is canon IS CANON. Even if you found a way to work all the games into one timeline, it wouldn't be correct- it'd just be another fan timeline, and what the owners have deemed canon will be what is true.

It's okay to not want to accept it, but you have to realize that it is canon. Some parts of the series are not our choice.

According to my beliefs, they're lying to us to hide the truth. You see, I believe in the stories of these games. And my belief tells me that a split timeline just cannot work, in anyway whatsoever. I believe they're not telling us that these stories were true to protect us from another war breaking out. Yeah, I know what your thinking, I'm a loon.

People used to believed that the Earth was the center of the galaxy, and they were punished severely for believing otherwise. But we later found out that it was otherwise. The same thing could be applied to your ridiculous "Split Timeline is canon" statements. It could be called canon NOW, but they could take it back later. If I can come up with a single timeline that can work, it wouldn't be just another fan timeline, it would be THE Timeline IMO, still made by a fan, but a fan with a plan.

According to my beliefs, they're lying to us to hide the truth. You see, I believe in the stories of these games. And my belief tells me that a split timeline just cannot work, in anyway whatsoever. I believe they're not telling us that these stories were true to protect us from another war breaking out. Yeah, I know what your thinking, I'm a loon.

Stop using these Hyrule was real belief as evidence to support your theories. It doesn't work, no one agrees with it. If you want to theorize, then use developer quotes and in game evidence to support your theories. This is not the place to discuss fanfics, which is what you have made up. You disagree with developer quotes, you disagree with in game evidence, all because you think the games are real and they are hiding the truth. There is probably a place for fanfics and conspiracy theories, but its not here. Your posting nothing but spam every time you lash out at a member for disagreeing with your theories and proving you wrong, which has happened multiple times already. Believe what you want, don't listen to reason and reality all you want, but this is not the place to try and argue points based on these kinds of beliefs.

You want to see a single timeline work, I'LL MAKE IT WORK, JUST YOU WATCH ME! I'll need some time though, but I WILL make it work, just wait and see!!!:mad:

Why do you get so upset all the time? Its your own fault for continuously posting and posting when all anyone has done is prove your theories wrong. If you can't handle it, then don't post.

If you can make a single timeline work, I would be more than happy to read it. So instead of repeating yourself over and over and saying you can make one work, why don't you do it? If you can successfully make a linear/single timeline using in game evidence and developer quotes to support it, I would be overwhelmed. But, if your going to post a linear timeline full of your own personal beliefs and ignore developer quotes and in game evidence, and support it with something like "Hyrule was real...so that's my evidence", then don't waste your time because people are gonna do the same thing they've been doing, which is prove your theories wrong.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
But once again, I ask you, HOW DOES THE TRIFORCE SPLIT APART!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
As mentioned in OoT, the Triforce can only seperate if one with an unbalanced heart touches it. If the Triforce is untouched when Link goes back in time, HOW DOES IT SPLIT?!

You pretty much answered your own question while asking the question. It takes someone with an unbalanced heart to split the triforce. I'm guessing it split because someone with an unbalanced heart touched it some time after Link returned to his childhood.

No where in the game does it say that Zelda HAS to touch it or Link HAS to touch it or Ganon/dorf HAS to touch it. All it says is someone with an unbalanced heart. It seems to me that this leaves it open to pretty much anyone. You're making it sound like just because Ganon/dorf never touched it, that means no one did. It's possible that someone tried to retrieve the triforce from the Temple of Time so that Ganon/dorf would not steal it. In doing this, this person could have caused it to split because they have an unbalanced heart.

It's really not that hard of a question to answer.

O

Omega Speed

I totally agree with the very first post. In the end, I believe that the Triforce will be rediscovered by all of the people. No one person is supposed to have it because no one person had a balance of Courage, Wisdom, and Power. I don't know how wise Link is, so we cannot know if he can acquire the Triforce on his own. LttP was different. He took the Triforce from Ganon.

Mike Pothier

Lord Shaper
I also subscribe to the theory that Ganon was "chosen" in the sense that the Triforce chose him, not the Goddesses.

And I wouldn't put too much weight on what the sages say. They are speaking from a biased, and decidedly uninformed point of view. They didn't know that Ganon held the ToP even though he held it for several years in the original timeline. Even Link knew that.

And I wouldn't put too much weight on what the sages say. They are speaking from a biased, and decidedly uninformed point of view. They didn't know that Ganon held the ToP even though he held it for several years in the original timeline. Even Link knew that.

He never held it during that period in TP, so the information they talk about is actually as informed as anyone else knows at that point (if you are referring to TP that is). Since he never went through the Sacred Realm on the CT, he never acquired it there. The seven years that he was taking over Hyrule on the AT, he spent imprisoned on the CT.

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
He never held it during that period in TP, so the information they talk about is actually as informed as anyone else knows at that point (if you are referring to TP that is). Since he never went through the Sacred Realm on the CT, he never acquired it there. The seven years that he was taking over Hyrule on the AT, he spent imprisoned on the CT.
Gotta remember, though, that the sages didn't execute and banish him to the Twilight Realm until several years after OoT!Link was sent back to his own time. Meaning, it'd have been years and years after MM. So, there's a period of several years between Link being sent back to his childhood and Ganondorf being executed. Something (I have no idea what, exactly) could have happened in those years to cause the Triforce to break. SOMEBODY with an unbalanced heart probably had to touch it, seeing that Ganondorf was in possession of the ToP during his execution (it can be seen on his hand in the cutscene).

Gohma

Mmmmmmmmmh... BOMBS
I think he was "chosen" by the gods.
Okay, he stole that triforce of power.
The golds could have stop him, but they didn't.
So they knew that he was going to steal the triforce.

Maybe they considered it was some kind of challenge for Ganondorf.
If he was able to go into the Sacred Realm, then he would deserve the triforce of power.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
In the long fanfic I'm working on... the idea that my co-writer and I came up with was that the Chosen Triforce Wielders thing are a bet between the Goddesses, because they got bored. They're watching through endless cycles to see which core attribute wins out over the others, via the souls attatched to the respective Triforce fragments.

Then again, this fanfic also goes upon a (non-canon) linear/merged timeline (meaning both TP and WW happened in its history) and there are many, many other things that are very purposefully non-canon in it. Just because something's been disproven by canon doesn't mean that it cannot be written about as an AU - just as long as people know that's what it is.

The more I think about it, the more I like our fanfic idea of a grand Goddess Bet being a possibility for canon. Think about it - it's like a three-piece game of Chess or something. The only glitch in it is that Wisdom and Courage always wind up working together and helping each other rather than either of the two trying to win out over the other.

In the long fanfic I'm working on... the idea that my co-writer and I came up with was that the Chosen Triforce Wielders thing are a bet between the Goddesses, because they got bored. They're watching through endless cycles to see which core attribute wins out over the others, via the souls attatched to the respective Triforce fragments.

This is a pretty kool idea. But it wouldn't make sense when you include WW's backstory, where the ToP was apparently winning, yet the goddesses interfered.

The more I think about it, the more I like our fanfic idea of a grand Goddess Bet being a possibility for canon. Think about it - it's like a three-piece game of Chess or something. The only glitch in it is that Wisdom and Courage always wind up working together and helping each other rather than either of the two trying to win out over the other.

Except for a few examples here:

LoZ - Only Wisdom prevailed over Power, since the ToC was in North Hyrule in the Great Palace

ALttP - Ganon had the complete Triforce, so no one piece overpowered the other. It was just Link mainly doing all the work on his own.

WW's BS - As mentioned above, Power prevailed. Which, you also must consider that there was no hero to harbor the ToC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom