• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Was Flat An Iron Knuckle?

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
In Majora's Mask, in Order to get the Song of Storms, you go o Ikana Graveyard, get the Commander Mask (Or whatever it's called), and go down to a grave, where you kill an Iron Knuckle.

As soon as the Iron Knuckle is Defeated, Flat, the "good" composer brother appears from behind a curtain, and says: "My soul is at peace", or something like that.

Now, my thinking behind why I think Flat could possibly have been an Iron Knuckle, is because he conveniently appeared as a spirit RIGHT after we "healed" the Iron Knuckle. I believe that the grave WAS Flat's grave, and Sharp turned Flat into a Iron Knuckle inside his own grave, making Flat very angry at Sharp for doing that to him.

What do you think about this theory? Anyone have anything to help my case, or any constructive criticism?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I think Iron Knuckles are brainwashed Gerudo in Hyrule. However in Termina, which is a parallel world, I can entertain the idea of them being created from another race.

I also think that any bodies would decompose inside the armour over time which is why nabooru (still being young) could be saved and none of the others can. If flat was turned into an iron knuckle in life his poe would finally be able to leave the suit of armour after his death. I don't believe flats spirit was stuck inside the iron knuckle at the time of MM the but it would be his own decomposed body within the armour which would be a great insult to him being kept prisoner by it.

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
His spirit could have been sealed away into the suit of armor. And once defeated, it could have broken the "curse" or "seal". It's most likely Sharp would have been the one to curse his brothers spirit, or possibly a higher power that we don't know about in Termina. If I recall, one of them mentions making a deal with the devil, and I'm pretty sure it was Flat who says this.

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
I think Iron Knuckles are brainwashed Gerudo in Hyrule. However in Termina, which is a parallel world, I can entertain the idea of them being created from another race.

I also think that any bodies would decompose inside the armour over time which is why nabooru (still being young) could be saved and none of the others can. If flat was turned into an iron knuckle in life his poe would finally be able to leave the suit of armour after his death. I don't believe flats spirit was stuck inside the iron knuckle at the time of MM the but it would be his own decomposed body within the armour which would be a great insult to him being kept prisoner by it.
Common sense says this is simply the effect of a reused character model but inside the iron knuckle armor in Majora's Mask, we find a Gerudo.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Common sense says this is simply the effect of a reused character model but inside the iron knuckle armor in Majora's Mask, we find a Gerudo.

Yeah I know about that. I am thinking that without Kotake and Koume being villains in Termina (who could have been responsible for hundreds of years worth of Iron Knuckle production in the parallel world of Hyrule) I am of the thought that the gerudo ladies inside the MM armour are simply reused character models from OOT as it wouldn't make much sense for them all to be Gerudo in Termina.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Flat says his soul is at piece due to learning the Song of Storms which is his composition to ease his brothers soul as well. That's how i understood it from the game.

Only the golden Iron Knuckle in the Spirit Temple is a Gerudo. The others' identities are unconfirmed.

Quin

Disaster Master
I'm not sure how it was in OOT but In MM all the Iron knuckles are Gerudos, which you can clearly see once you break their armour.

I'm not sure how it was in OOT but In MM all the Iron knuckles are Gerudos, which you can clearly see once you break their armour.
Pretty sure that was just a leftover of OoT, as they reused the model used for the golden Iron Knuckle/Nabooru. IIRC, it's not visible in-game; I believe people only discovered it via hacks or glitches. And didn't they remove Nabooru's head from the updated Iron Knuckle model in the 3DS port?

Quin

Disaster Master
No, I just checked some Youtube videos because I was curious myself. Every Iron Knuckle in OOT is a Gerudo which you can see when you break their Armour. I was always off the impression it was only Nabooru too but I guess I was wrong.

No, I just checked some Youtube videos because I was curious myself. Every Iron Knuckle in OOT is a Gerudo which you can see when you break their Armour. I was always off the impression it was only Nabooru too but I guess I was wrong.
Well, even so, I'm positive it was just an oversight, as it's not a generic Gerudo face; it's an early Nabooru face from prototype OoT versions, with mistakes such as the lack of eyebrows.

Quin

Disaster Master
Well, even so, I'm positive it was just an oversight, as it's not a generic Gerudo face; it's an early Nabooru face from prototype OoT versions, with mistakes such as the lack of eyebrows.
The difference is that you are not meant to see the face, but you are meant to see whats underneath the armour. Very important.

The difference is that you are not meant to see the face, but you are meant to see whats underneath the armour. Very important.
Hmm. What about the 3DS ports? Do you know what happens when you break their armor in them? Because a number of sources state that they removed the beta Nabooru head in them, suggesting that it was indeed an oversight.

Quin

Disaster Master
Whats behind the mask is not the point. You were never meant to see it so it doesn't matter. The chest is of a gerudo in both versions though.

A.K.A Was flat an Iron Knuckle. Way to go off the mark.

Not really. If all the Iron Knuckles are Gerudo its obvious Flat wasn't one. Or do we have to continue this argument now about ghosts having a gender? That sure sounds better!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom