• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

TPHD-Wii U Was enough done with the soundtrack?

Should they have done more with the soundtrack

• yes

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • no

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
No. That's how I feel about wether enough was done with the soundtrack. I think the same with OOT and MM3D. I know they wanted to preserve the original sound but they had an opportunity to make the improvements and make them noticeable and I feel they passed these opportunities up.

TP has some of the best compositions of the series and they are not done justice by the midi soundtrack of the original. I would have thought that in the HD version they could have reorchestrated the soundtrack. They did clean it up slightly however the use of midi is still noticable particularly with the choir sounds.

With the symphony of the goddess concerts I would have imagined they could have used some of the work from that in TP to replace some of the existing songs even if some were not replaced entirely.

I just feel not orchestrating was a wasted opportunity, when so many fans are passionate about the series music. What about you?

I didn't notice a difference, but I didn't mind. I like the soundtrack the way it is. :)

Pen

The game is on!
Yeah as far as I know none of the Zelda remakes have any change in either the music or the sound effects, which I think is a big shame. With all these (more or less) upgraded and improved graphics I would have loved to hear some remade music played by actual instruments in an actual orchestra rather than the old (yet nice of course) MIDI tunes.

Reactions: Dio

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom