• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Was Argorok Really That Impressive?

Smitie

The Dutch Kusagari
I have a weakness for dragon-like bosses and enemies in Zelda games, so when I saw Argorok before entering the city in the sky temple (sheesz I hate this temple) I was amazed.

Sadly, the boss fight dissappointed me a lot. Most of the time Argorok was out of sight and he wasn't agressive enough. Volvagia for example chased you while breathing fire, but Argorok flew somewhere behind the camera doing nothing. Argorok looked awesome, but he was too friendly to be an intimidating boss. So next time I would like to see a dragon boss who really wants to kill Link instead of one showing Link how a dragon destroys a bridge in the background.

I think one of the cooler parts of this boss was the fact that you were able to see him up at his tower from the earlier parts of the dungeon on. As cool as this boss looked, no dragon boss yet takes the cake over Volvagia.

Slightly off-topic, I think one of my favorite bosses in TP was probably Armogohma; it looked cool, it was a fun fight, and it hearkened back to the first dungeon in OoT for some nostalgic goodness too lol
Uh, actually... Armogohma was actually another boss I had serious issues with. :xd:

I thought the fight was pretty simple and boring in that all you did was wait for her to open her eye and then shooting her and smash her with the statue. Then there was that obnoxious second phase in which you just had to chase her around the room... I think she might actually be my least favorite boss... -.-

S

Seanileus

First Zelda boss I encountered that made me think it'll be challenging was Agrorok, and he was, but it was a bit repetitive, still pretty hard though.

43ForceGems

Quid est veritas, Claudia
I thought that Argarok was the easiest boss in the game, next to Morpheel. It's weird because you fight them almost the same way, they both have the last of what you were collecting, you used the clawshot/double clawshot, and they had the same music. Awkward. :awkward: So, no. He wasn't.

I need to play TP more, I can't really remember the boss besides the fact he looked awesome.

Impressive bosses? Stallord. Loved that boss. And Blizzeta.

Igos du Ikana

Maldorok
Argorok did certainly look impressive, and it was intimidating when you stared at the sky and saw him flying around. But ultimately, it was a weakling boss that didn't really deal out enough damage to make the fight intense. The way you beat him was also a bit boring, and for me the second stage was very boring, with not enough real challenge. All you did was Spiderman grappling from Peahat to Peahat.They really could've done a better job on it.

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
I can't remember Argorok too well, having last fought him years ago, but I do remember that the atmosphere was awesome, with the rain and lightning and whatnot. However, that, and the awesomeness of just seeing his fire breath, was all that was memorable. Fighting him was not, since he didn't act like how I thought he would. In the second stage, I was at least expecting him to move rather than just rotate in one place the whole time. I mean he's a giant dragon for crying out loud, the least he could have done was try to eat Link or smack into him or something.

bellum

Gamer since age 2
I really did not think of him as impressive or anything like that. I haven't really heard of people talking about him as the best boss in the game very often, but I thought he was an okay boss. I think he was one of the hardest boss in the game, but not a very hard boss. Still, no boss has made me get a Game Over. I think he looked quite interesting of a boss. I saw that someone said earlier in the thread that it was the environment that made Argorok seem epic. I agree with that. I still think that Fyrus looked much cooler than him, despite what others say.

Dark Princess

Weeaboo :D
I heard a lot of cool things about the boss, but when I got Twilight Princess and fought him, I was kinda disappointed, kinda not. I had a hard time with him when it came to moving around the peahats. When I targeted, it would point the wrong way at times. :< But other than that, he could have been harder.

Aki Graham

Secret Finder
I agree, also. The thing that made him less bad*** was the music. I liked that you finally got to use the double clawshot for something other then hooking onto vines and stuff, but that's what you did in the boss fight. I found it mediocre and boring. The one thing I like about him was getting onto his back and slashing at him, then him falling. It made me think at first 'Hey, Link is on a dragon for once.'

The answer to your question is this: He's a frickin' dragon.

yann

TheBitterDubstepMan
I don't like him.
To be fair, alot of the reasons that I don't like him for are terrible;
- He's not big enough for a dragon.
- It's really unrealistic how you get round him without him turning around.
- The arena you fight him on is TINY!
- ...He really isn;t big enough!

To be fair, I'm heavily contradicting myself because Bongo Bongo is my favourite boss in the series !

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
He was impressive at first glance. His fight had, pretty good music to say the least, but it is as you say. The fight was too slow and much to easy. The experience itself could've been improved has some more distinctive and fast paced aerial combat was in play instead of jumping of Arkorok's back and just hacking away while he did nothing. It also didn't help that the peahats didn't move very often, perhaps if they were moving quickly and Argorok made an effort to try and catch you as you jump from peahat to peahat, maybe the fight would have been more intense.

Let me point out another Dragon boss, Volvagia. His fight was intense because of the changing camera movements that came with the fight. He was fast in the air and kept you on your toes trying to get a good shot. When he was on the ground it was a quick game of whack a mole. However, this can also be attributed by how fast Link can swing in OOT. compared to TP.

Overall Argorok was disappointing.

Argorok was totally radical looking and considering he was the the last boss of the Mirror of Twilight collecting I figured it was going to be some...radical, epic battle. I was mistaken :P Despite Argorok not-being-all-that-he-was-made-out-to-be I still enjoyed the battle and I'm one of the few that seem to have thought that the temple was pretty good. I may actually go as far as to say it was my favorite (after Arbiter's Grounds, of course :lol: ).

They should stop putting so much emphasis on how a boss looks and more on how it plays out. Like, for example, fighting a darknut in TP was really fun for me. They should make bosses like a darknut, you and the other "human" or whatever a darknut is, cuz when its helmet is off in WW it looks like a dog,. but whatever they should make it yuo and yuor sword, and the other person and there sword. thats very epic if yuo ask me and requiresa some strategy.

I don't like him.
To be fair, alot of the reasons that I don't like him for are terrible;
- He's not big enough for a dragon.
- It's really unrealistic how you get round him without him turning around.
- The arena you fight him on is TINY!
- ...He really isn;t big enough!

To be fair, I'm heavily contradicting myself because Bongo Bongo is my favourite boss in the series !

Yea, I agree. He wasn't really anything very amazing. I didn't enjoy fighting him very much, it felt somewhat boring, actually. The arena was too small for such a fight, however I did like the way it was set up. Having to use the claw shots to reach the top of the monoliths, then clawshot from one to the other, was fun.
But the boss itself wasn't that difficult, or large, which disappointed me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom