• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Was Anyone Else Disappointed With The Demise Battle?

No, on contrary, I am sastified with the duel of Demise. The Demise Battle is not considered to be easy as people say in my experience as everytime I let my guard down in recklessness, Demise whooped my butt around with heavy damage. If it wasn't for the potions, I'll be screwed. But I wouldn't say it was the hardest battle as Ghirahim before is more of a challenge and a pain, but it was certainly epic with all of the music, background, and lightning filling up. The only way to beat Demise is through your skills alone and thus the sword duel show how much you've grown over the course of the adventure, whether it's very hard and easy. The last fatal blow brought a smile to my face as I defeated my wretched enemy for all the suffering and pain he has caused to Zelda and the world.

it was odd. I personally think of ghirahim as the main boss. He was more challenging. Demise could be beat almost instantly especially with a guardian potion.

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
I liked the battle, but it didn't have that 'Legendary' feel to it. It was hard. I had like 3 Heart Potion ++s left from the last two battles. Demise killed me before I could use one. The Ghirahim fights defined legendary battles.

It was a little quick. The best part of the Demise fight was the story and cinematics leading up to it, starting with the end of the Ghirahim fight.
My biggest problem with the Demise fight was the powerful Guardian+ potions. I almost regret heading into the Demise battle with five Guardian+ potions, which kind of took some of the risk away. If I had to do it over again, I wouldn't go in with five of them.

I loved the Demise battle. The atmosphere was intense, and I had a really good time just straight up sword fighting.

W

Wind Waker

Yes. Yes I was. It was so easy...it was almost like fighting Phantom Ganon from OoT, playing energy ball tennis. 'Cept this time it was energy frisbee. And I agree with womangale, the Ghiriham battle right before the Demise battle was way harder. It took me three tries to beat Ghiriham, and only twice to beat Demise. It was very anti-climatic, until the cutscene anyways.

The one thing that I was happy about was that it was a straight up sword battle, and not about using your items.
Unless you wanted to put Demise on the defensive with your bug net. Hilarious.

M

Majora's Mask

I found that though the basic concept of the repeated Imprisoned battles was the same it definitely got harder everytime.
There was always a new twist that they added. Personally, whenever the Imprisoned started floating and moving toward the Sanctuary, I panicked.
For a second I didn't have any idea what to do. I was paralyzed. But then I kicked its butt with the Groosinator.
Not disappointed

The first time battling him... no, not at all it was a good level of difficulty ... Maybe perhaps the original of the fight was rather low. For a person that plays a great deal of video games, Zelda based or otherwise, this battle would be a great deal easier.
In comparison to the Ghirahim battle (which is some ways is included in the final boss battle depending on who you ask) was a great deal more original, you have to figure out what the heck to do before you could bet him. While with Demise, it was a much simpler way of defeating him.
In this way, Demise's fight was much more straight forward, like Demise was a much more straight forward evil bad guy character (won't you say). Then there is Ghirahim... who is "fabulous", have a much more unique battle. Have less experience with that style of battle would of course make it harder.

Dracoburn

Lance's Protégé
Honestly, I thought the Demise battle was easier than the third Imprisoned battle.

But that's not to say I was disappointed in it at all. Actually went back and did it again today. Honestly, I think the epic graphics were enough to keep it pretty awesome. Of course, it was just like battling a Darknut in TP. Almost identical. Wait for him to attack, jump out of the way, hack 'n slash. But the lightning-charged Skyward Strikes really amused me. And the final attack was incredibly well done, in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom