• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Warping System in Skyward Sword

McBlizzy

Happy Mask Salesgirl
I apologize if a thread like this has already been posted, I just quickly skimmed the posts on this page.

As you all know, most of the Zelda games have a certain warping system they use.

In OOT and MM it was the Ocarina, in WW it was the Wind Waker, and in TP Midna warped Link around.

So what can we expect from SS?

I have a theory that Links sword spirit will be able to warp him around like in TP, but instead of defeating monsters, she should be able to place like a Sky Crest somewhere important and then she can warp him there.

What do you think of my theory?
And do you have theories of your own? I'd love to hear them =D.

I kind of want the Wind Graves from MC.... But since they have all these classic things like the Skull Smoke and the Sword Beams back, I expect to see link Playing a Whistle or Ocarina then a bird come and picks him up. In ALttP, the bird already knew the locations, but in MC, he needed the Wind Graves.

It could be anything. I'm gonna say, (assuming it takes place in hyrule, formed or deformed) the Ocarina appear somehow. Maybe you'll play it and warp? Who knows. If there's like a banjo to play country music that'd be cool, but it wouldn't tie into the future sequels.

jack546

The chosen one
i think it will be the skyward sword that teleports link but he can only warp to places hes been unlike tww

The Skyward Sword is already confirmed to have the ability to transport Link between Hyrule and Skyloft. Since it does that, well... I'm not sure what that means in relation to warping. I suspect it allowed transport up or down, not to warp points. We shall see.

Either way, I do believe there will be a warping system in place. It's usually there, even in games with a main transport like Epona, the Boat, etc., and I actually think we're not going to have any kind of transport this time, just foot travel, therefore making warping even more necessary. I expect a somewhat elaborate warping system.

WeeGee

TheHeroOfTime
The Skyward Sword is already confirmed to have the ability to transport Link between Hyrule and Skyloft. Since it does that, well... I'm not sure what that means in relation to warping. I suspect it allowed transport up or down, not to warp points. We shall see.

Either way, I do believe there will be a warping system in place. It's usually there, even in games with a main transport like Epona, the Boat, etc., and I actually think we're not going to have any kind of transport this time, just foot travel, therefore making warping even more necessary. I expect a somewhat elaborate warping system.

I'm going to have agree with Axle, I don't expect to see Epona, but I do expect warping. Possibly we will see the origins of the flute in this game :P

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
Initially I believed that Link's transport between Hyrule and Skyloft would basically act as a sort of warp system with one area in Skyloft that would allow access to multiple parts of Hyrule. However, since Skyloft is a series of floating islands I'm not sure if that idea would still be possible. I suppose it could be that there's a central island in Skyloft that could act as a teleportation hub, but some interviews with Aonuma make me double think that idea a bit. At any rate, I still think the transport between Hyrule and Skyloft will have something to do with the teleportation system, perhaps in one of those odd, unexpected, or unpredictable ways Nintendo likes to throw at us.

hylianbeast

Sage of Destiny
I realy hope that they hve a warping system in ss!
I think the sword spirit thing will warp link around like midna did or they will have something like a warping spell.

I hope they'll replace that bird with an eagle, that would be awesome.

but i really want the game to be a lot like Metroid prime, It was so large, but you still felt like you never needed warping.

I think it will be like in ALttP. As said earlier, the Ocarina/Whistle will take you to different parts of the world, but the Skyward Sword will take you betweent he worlds in the exact same spot. (Like the Mirror were yu use it to go to the Dark World in the exact same spot you were before.) Except, the Sword will make you float up or fall like an anchor.

Possibly we will see the origins of the flute in this game :P
Which one? There's a bunch of flute/instrument items. I don't know if we'll see any explanation on them; don't know if they really need explanation. =\

Initially I believed that Link's transport between Hyrule and Skyloft would basically act as a sort of warp system with one area in Skyloft that would allow access to multiple parts of Hyrule. However, since Skyloft is a series of floating islands I'm not sure if that idea would still be possible. I suppose it could be that there's a central island in Skyloft that could act as a teleportation hub, but some interviews with Aonuma make me double think that idea a bit. At any rate, I still think the transport between Hyrule and Skyloft will have something to do with the teleportation system, perhaps in one of those odd, unexpected, or unpredictable ways Nintendo likes to throw at us.
Those are some interesting thoughts. Like I said before, I'm kind of reluctant to think it might be tied to the Skyward Sword or the system that transports you between Skyloft and Hyrule, but it's always possible and you make it sound more convincing. I don't really know for sure, just my gut tells me no...

but i really want the game to be a lot like Metroid prime, It was so large, but you still felt like you never needed warping.
Hm. Well I always wanted there to be warping in Metroid Prime. Got old trekking around sometimes. :P Didn't in Super Metroid though, maybe that was because the map was designed a bit better and more intricately in that one.

If a warping system is included it will probably be a musical instrument that will warp you to specific places on the overworld. It has been done in at least 6 other games so I wouldn't be surprised if it was included again.

I do think it is a possibilty that the Skyward Sword will be able to warp you across the overworld as well as between Skyloft and Hyrule. This would fit better with the "smaller but denser" game Nintendo promised because it would be 1 less item for Link to use.

i heard that the skyward sword takes you between skyloft and hyrule and that the ocrina was back in this game and that there would be time travel like in oot. i think this might be the origin of the ocrina of time.

D

Da Bunni Hood

I hope the ocarina makes a return, but it seems unlikely. It's also the type of item they would probably have already introduced. Maybe there will be warp points like zelda 1?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom