• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Want Nintendo News? Be Up at 10 AM EST!

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
So I was just talking to a friend and as a joke he was like, "I wonder what 10 AM Nintendo reveal is next?" 10 AM rolled around and he gave up, reasoning today would be a dry day. But just then this dropped:

I never really thought about it, but lately a lot of Nintendo news has came in the form of shadow drops early in the morning for those of us in the west. I suppose they can't be considered shadow drops anymore, it seems like being present online at 10 AM EST pans out Nintendo news of some sort on certain days.

Will this pattern be maintained? Or do you suspect Nintendo will change things up eventually; afterall, they are rarely ever predictable.

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
Yeah.

Me and my beat-down allies of Team February had given up hopes of a General Direct this year since long ago, as it seems like a more and more surefire thing that this kind of marketing is what Nintendo is up to now.

And I think they're comfortable with it. It's much more efficient. Every shadow dropped new shiny Twitter announcement gets millions of views - the Origami King trailer has more views than the September 2020 General Direct for example. It costs them less, it's a kind of drip-feed marketing scheme that pays off.

I think this is the new normal, whether we like it to not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom