• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

OoT-N64 Wallmaster?

So I've been playing Ocarina of Time, and while going through the Shadow Temple a thought hits me... Why is it called a "Wallmaster" if it chills on the ceiling, then drops down to the floor to grab and scare the breath out of you? Its close relative the "Floormaster" makes sense because it attacks you while on the floor, but I have no idea why they would call it a "Wallmaster", when it doesn't even make contact with the wall... The only possible idea I have thought of is "Wallmaster" has a better ring to it than "Ceilingmaster"... So I'm posting this thread to find out what everyone else thinks. Please respect everyone and their ideas, no making fun of others, or name calling, and lets keep the language content friendly to viewers of all ages. Thank You

Dan

Just sounds better I guess and correct me if i'm wrong but but wasn't it in the forest temple the room was span round so they were technically on the walls then ?

I always thought of them like giant spiders that clung to the intersection between the wall and the ceiling. I guess that's how I associated the name with the creature.

But what Dan says makes some sense to me too. Ahh... Hm.

I've actually been trying to play through the 5 temples in ocarina of time out of order, the 1st temple I beat was the water temple, and the 3rd one I beat was the forest temple... And in those two rooms that do spin, the wall master relocates to the new section that is the ceiling... And I thought of them as spiders in a corner too, until I saw an image of it dropping straight down, which made me think it follows you and mirrors your steps on the ceiling instead of sitting in a corner

Well i hate em when they grab me >.< makes everything respond and stuff but not as hard to defeat them.

I agree with you yolink, I've tossed my N64 controller plenty of times because of them... I hate how even though I'm expecting it, they scare the crap out of me, and I hate how it sends you to the beginning of the dungeon/temple so you have to fight your way back to the heart of the dungeon...

Crono

Hylian Rebel
The term Wallmaster comes from the original Legend of Zelda and OoT initially had the exact version of them.

LavaAnon

The Forever Gamer
They called these hand creatures "Wallmasters" because they came from the original "The Legend of Zelda", and in that game they came out of the walls and brought you to the beggining of the dungeon. I guess they stuck with the name because it just sounds cool. :triforce:

Night Owl

~Momentai
I think Your question has been well answered. I think the general consensus is that the name is from the original LoZ, Where wallmaters originated. They were hands that came out of the walls and grabbed you.

Also How do we know that they fall from the ceiling, and not hover over us after floating out of the wall?
I know Navi warns you about them but I've never seen one on the ceiling before if I look up.

I agree with you yolink, I've tossed my N64 controller plenty of times because of them... I hate how even though I'm expecting it, they scare the crap out of me, and I hate how it sends you to the beginning of the dungeon/temple so you have to fight your way back to the heart of the dungeon...

At the vey least they are not as hard as WW floormasters. For those who have trouble with them, just stay still and let them fall into you and move off the way when their shadow starts to become large. The wall master will fall to the ground were you can kill it with ease.

I think that "Wallmaster" definitely sounds better then "Ceilingmaster". And they were probably just reusing them from the original Zelda.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom