• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Walkthrough Making

I have a couple of thoughts on walkthroughs. I want to be able to make my own walkthroughs, but I am not sure how to begin other than playing the games over and over.

Is there a way that is a good method for documenting or organizing a zelda game?

Do people use walkthroughs for help, commentary, story, or some other reason?

What different kind of walkthroughs would people like whether it is 100% walkthroughs, just the main storyline walkthrough, most efficient way to beat the game, getting everything as soon as you can even if you have to leave in the middle of a dungeon, or some way that you thought of that I have not mentioned?

Do people prefer video walkthroughs or text based walkthroughs?

Basically I would like this thread to discuss various things involved in walkthroughs, specifically for the Zelda series.

DisappearingMist

Mrs. Caleb
Do people use walkthroughs for help, commentary, story, or some other reason?
Caleb has discussed this with me at length, and apparently, it is all 3 that you mention. Lots of people appear to watch ZD's youtube walkthroughs for entertainment purposes.

What different kind of walkthroughs would people like whether it is 100% walkthroughs, just the main storyline walkthrough, most efficient way to beat the game, getting everything as soon as you can even if you have to leave in the middle of a dungeon, or some way that you thought of that I have not mentioned?
I suppose any or all of those are good for their own reasons. Just depends on how thorough you want to be, or what your goal is. I like the idea of "leaving a dungeon as soon as you can" but a lot of people would probably find that annoying.

Do people prefer video walkthroughs or text based walkthroughs?
I personally prefer text walkthroughs the majority of the time. I do use video walkthroughs every so often though, but I have really slow internet, so loading a bunch of videos to get through a game is counterproductive and detracts from my personal experience.

fused_shadows

Brave Knight of Truth
I love watching ZD's video walkthroughs, it is very entertaining! So yes, some people simply watch video walkthroughs for entertainment, like ME!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom