• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Walkthrough Help or by Yourself?

Walkthorough Help or By Yourself?

• Walkthough Help/Cheats

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yourself

• Both

• Total voters

jamezrockz98

Link rockz like me. Yay!!
Hey guys. So I'm playing MM and I'm stuck at a point. I was thinking of using a walkthourgh for help but it got me thinking. use walkthroughs or continue on. I might sound kind of picky but I not sure what to do. I don't generally like walkthourgh seeing as it will get rid of the fun of a game. What do you guys think?

Maikeru

Piper of Time
I'd go with both, saying it depends on the game. Honestly, one of the biggest pet peeves of mine is when people call using walkthroughs "cheating". The definition for "cheating" is "the breaking of rules to gain advantage in a competitive situation." Here's the thing, Zelda is not a competitive game. You aren't competing against anyone, unless you have maybe challenged a friend or someone to a speed run off or whatever. I see no reason to not use a walkthrough if you feel you want to or need one to enjoy the game. Other people's opinions on how you play don't really matter. That said, it's kind of up to you, how do you plan on using the walkthrough and for what reason? Will you get a feeling of disappointment in yourself if you do use one? Are YOU still HAVING FUN? I kind of use walkthroughs occasionally on my first playthrough because I really want to see the story unfold. Stories are a big part of games for me, that I really enjoy. I also really like a challenge though, so I like to avoid it when possible as well. In fact, I would love to have more difficult dungeons in a Zelda game. Maybe a dungeon, temple, castle or even a palace that doesn't have a map, but maybe just little hints lying around that can tell you about the secrets of the area.

Anyways, I think it's kind of up to you. If you want to get through the story, do as you wish. I'm just not a fan of cheating when it comes to playing online. Unless you just aren't all that good, even with the cheats.

I like to go on my own, but I'll use a guide if I feel like it.

For me, a lot of the fun in Zelda games is figuring out what to do. So I tend to stay away from using walkthroughs. When it reaches the point where it's no longer fun and I'm completely out of ideas to the point of frustration, I will check a guide for a solution. I always end up regretting it though.

Using walkthroughs is definitely not cheating, and it's up to each person to decide if they think it will take away from their game experience or not.

I always do the main quests by myself, but I tend to use walkthroughs for sidequests. (example: gold skulltula's in OOT)

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
I'll mostly use a walkthrough. If I continue doing it myself, I will get stuck even more without knowing and I'll mess up everything. A walkthrough is my only way to pass everything I get stuck on.

donkey kong

Juicy pants.
I choose both. I also agree with Cel-shaded Deku on playing it as much as you can unless you were stumped on a part for a long time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom