• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Wait, What?

Kafei

M.E.T.H.O.D. MAN
So.. I just realized something. Zelda is Shiek correct? So if she can manage to escape Ganondorf as Sheik, why does she go back every time? At the end Zelda is trapped by him, but why would she go just to teach a song to link then go back to evil Hyrule Castle? I'm not saying Link and her should abandon the quest and get out, but why would she not escape his clutches when she had the chance you know? Seems a little unrealistic to me. But maybe I'm not understanding something?:suspicious:

She wanted to save Hyrule no matter how long it would take. She didn't want to let all people down and let the world as Ganon made it(frozen Zoras, Gorons about to be killed, destroyed Hyrule market with "zombies"...)

D

DrDo0MxPHD

its very simple, at the end she reveals that she is a sage, and to stop ganon she would need to be present to activate the other sages. plus she needed to make sure link suceeded in his quest to free all the sages.
So.. I just realized something. Zelda is Shiek correct? So if she can manage to escape Ganondorf as Sheik, why does she go back every time? At the end Zelda is trapped by him, but why would she go just to teach a song to link then go back to evil Hyrule Castle? I'm not saying Link and her should abandon the quest and get out, but why would she not escape his clutches when she had the chance you know? Seems a little unrealistic to me. But maybe I'm not understanding something?:suspicious:

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
So.. I just realized something. Zelda is Shiek correct? So if she can manage to escape Ganondorf as Sheik, why does she go back every time? At the end Zelda is trapped by him, but why would she go just to teach a song to link then go back to evil Hyrule Castle? I'm not saying Link and her should abandon the quest and get out, but why would she not escape his clutches when she had the chance you know? Seems a little unrealistic to me. But maybe I'm not understanding something?

Go back every time? Now wait a minute, in the game it's never mentioned that she, or he in this case, goes back to Ganondorf everytime after she teaches a song to Link. Now in the OoT manga yes, it is implied that Sheik is pretending to be Ganondorf's lackey in order to prevent him from finding out his true identity, but that's not canon. It's just a story that was made to try and explain certain things that occurred in the game, but like I said before, it's not canon.

Anyway, personally I believe that Sheik spent time in hiding around Hyrule waiting for Link to return from his seven-year slumber and when he/she saw that he had returned, s/he found it necessary to help Link on his quest and try to point him in the right direction in order to stop Ganondorf. The reason being for Sheik disappearing on Link everytime after s/he taught him a song was because if Sheik were to say around too long and be noticed by Ganondorf that he would suspect that Sheik was Zelda and would've captured her then and there. S/he instead disappeared in order to prevent him/herself from being caught before Link awakened all the sages. Once all of the sages were awoken, s/he found that it was time to reveal her/his true identity to Link and fully explain why she was like that.

Not to mention that the main reason why Zelda never truly left Hyrule was because she is it's princess and future ruler now that her father is more than likely gone. She felt a duty to her people to help and guide Link to save her people, knowing that only he could stop him, instead of just leaving Hyrule and it's people to Ganondorf's wrath.

I hope that explains things a bit.

Kafei

M.E.T.H.O.D. MAN
Go back every time? Now wait a minute, in the game it's never mentioned that she, or he in this case, goes back to Ganondorf everytime after she teaches a song to Link. Now in the OoT manga yes, it is implied that Sheik is pretending to be Ganondorf's lackey in order to prevent him from finding out his true identity, but that's not canon. It's just a story that was made to try and explain certain things that occurred in the game, but like I said before, it's not canon.

Anyway, personally I believe that Sheik spent time in hiding around Hyrule waiting for Link to return from his seven-year slumber and when he/she saw that he had returned, s/he found it necessary to help Link on his quest and try to point him in the right direction in order to stop Ganondorf. The reason being for Sheik disappearing on Link everytime after s/he taught him a song was because if Sheik were to say around too long and be noticed by Ganondorf that he would suspect that Sheik was Zelda and would've captured her then and there. S/he instead disappeared in order to prevent him/herself from being caught before Link awakened all the sages. Once all of the sages were awoken, s/he found that it was time to reveal her/his true identity to Link and fully explain why she was like that.

Not to mention that the main reason why Zelda never truly left Hyrule was because she is it's princess and future ruler now that her father is more than likely gone. She felt a duty to her people to help and guide Link to save her people, knowing that only he could stop him, instead of just leaving Hyrule and it's people to Ganondorf's wrath.

I hope that explains things a bit.

Definatly, I guess I was missing the point a bit. But I just thought it was kina weird that if she could escape that easily then why she just didn't escape. But you have a pretty valid point.

jugglaj91

I am me....
Definatly, I guess I was missing the point a bit. But I just thought it was kina weird that if she could escape that easily then why she just didn't escape. But you have a pretty valid point.

Its about being a ruler. When you become a King or Queen, or say Captain of a ship, or even a sports team, you feel an obligation to do the best you can so others will follow you. Granted Sheik his his/her identity, but as future Queen S/he knew what s/he had to do for the people of the land. A Captain goes down with his ship correct, almost the same here, except for going down hopefully lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom