• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Voyage of the Dawn Treader

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
Is anyone awaiting the release of the Narnia movie? December 10th if ur wondering.

I really hope this a good movie based on the book and not crappy like Prince Caspian was. I might reread the book just so its details are fresh in my mind for when I see the movie.

Last edited:

TheGreen

is climbin' in yo windows
Well, I can't get enough of fantasy movies. Especially one with such a high budget that has believe able fantasy characters.

Now, I haven't read the book. I've only read books 1&2, but I'm a huge fan of those books and it's the environment and the adventure of the books that I really appreciate. I am always excited for a fantasy adventure movie and I think that this movie will be the best yet. There's really no excuse for them not to improve upon the past two movies. I think Prince Caspian was okay, and yes the story was sacrificed, but that's something that's unavoidable. The first movie was pretty accurate, but that's because so many people are familiar with the book, but with Prince Caspian, fewer people know the story so it's easier to blur the story.

I'd be more excited for a Magician's Nephew movie. A lot of that book is about understanding this new world/universe that's so foreign. There's not as much adventure, but it's heavy fiction-based science so it'd be really cool to see a director's take on the events in the book.

Yes! I'm pumped for the movie, but no, I won't be standing in line thursday night; not until they man up and do the magician's nephew :D

DisappearingMist

Mrs. Caleb
I have high hopes for Dawn Treader. The story is so unique, and I hope the producers stay as true as they can to the original story...

I am definitely going to reread the book before I see the movie. I did not reread Prince Caspian beforehand, and I was quite confused over some things.

Hanyou

didn't build that
Prince Caspian is easily one of my favorite children's movies of all time, if not my single favorite. Like the book, it was far better than The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, and it added significantly to the story and characters. It did everything a sequel should, and it was more mature than its predecessor, so I was actually surprised and disappointed that it got such a chilly reception. What more could you ask for?

The Voyage of the Dawn Treader was my favorite of the books, so I have high hopes for the movie. From the trailers, it looks spectacular, but of course that doesn't tell us much.

Can't wait.

Eh....we'll see. I loved Lion, Witch and Wardrobe. Prince Caspian was okay, but VODT just doesn't look all that great. I've read the book, so I'm hoping for a good film, but based on the trailer, it just looks not that great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom