• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Volvagia?

Is This Dragon Volvagia?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Probably

• Doubt it

• I don't know

• Total voters

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Ok, so in the Exclusive Origins Trailer, there's this one moment where we see the back end of what appears to be a fiery dragon swimming through the lava. This appears to take place in a boss room. There's already speculation on this topic, but this footage brings new light to it. Could this dragon be Volvagia? Post your thoughts here.

166932_212170995519304_125038904232514_480475_1703011506_n.jpg

Personally, I'm going to say probably. Reason being, as I said, this takes place in the boss room of the Fire Sanctuary. Fire dungeon, Chinese Dragon design covered with fire, swimming through lava, ancient evil dragon that lived on a dangerous volcano with Gorons that was revived in OoT... That's heavy evidence. I know a Goron is said to be what killed Volvagia, but that's also a legend. Tales can change over time. However, that Goron Merchant, Gorko, is seen throughout the game, so maybe he's the Hero of the Gorons. Maybe he'll finish off Volvagia in a cutscene, who knows? Anyway, point is, I'm almost certain this is Volvagia.

Last edited:

Katelynn

Flirtatously Flirty
Ah yes, they did say that huh. Personally, I think it could be, as it's stated in OoT, that Volvagia was resurected by Ganondorf's evil magic. This might be Volvagia, it's just a hunch though. Nintendo sometimes brings back similar bosses, such as Queen Ghoma, or even Aquatemus. This would be quite interesting to see the mighty dragon return, or... pre-return... (something to that effect)

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I don't think so; it was said that Volvagia was originally defeated by the Hero with the Legendary Hammer. As of now, we've no information on gaining a hammer though that could possibly and probably WILL change as we get closer to release.

So I guess my stance is: skeptical.

Well we don't know that this is the Fire Sanctuary boss room. In this scene it looks like Link has the blade infused with Din's fire. But we know that Link does not get that until the end of the Fire Sanctuary, presumably after he defeats the boss.

But I honestly don't know what that is. It could be another guardian dragon or Volvagia. But since Nintendo seems to have intentionally left that scene ambiguous and has chosen to not reveal the boss of the Fire Sanctuary, I'll say that it is Volvagia.

Or maybe Volvagia was originally good dragon like the Water Dragon, but it goes bad and Link has to fight it. OR maybe it is a fight with an enraged lava guardian dragon that is clearly meant to pay homage to Volvagia.

Rinku

Suupa Saiya-jin
I believe that this might be a guardian...like the one in Faron... Seems to me that Link walks in with confidence and as he sees the creature, doesn't seem worried but somewhat relaxed. my opinion though..

Zorth

#Scoundrel
Wasn't the Hero a goron, Or was he a hero OF the gorons?
I can't remember, If I'm right then that goron might be the hero they all are talking about in OoT, And then Volvagia should be in the game..
Even if I'm wrong then there is the possibility that we obtain the hamemr in-game or we upgrade an item into the hammer, Nobody can say for sure until the game is out..

There will not be a volvagia. I doubt nintendo would do that.
You can't know that, And besides your word why do you doubt Nintendo to include a really cool boss?

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
That would be just awesome I've always wanted to see Volvagia again but have Gorons been confirmed as a race in SwS if so then I'd say Yes but since I don't know this info.

RedDekuScrub

Red as the Crimson Sun
I think there is a high chance that it is Volvagia, but it could be something different. I kinda hope it's Volvagia because that would make sense and fill in some plot holes!

That would be just awesome I've always wanted to see Volvagia again but have Gorons been confirmed as a race in SwS if so then I'd say Yes but since I don't know this info.

Yes, Gorons (only one has been shown so far) were confirmed in Skyward Sword a while back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom