• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrule Warriors Volvagia a Character in Hyrule Warriors?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
There were some new HD pictures released today for Hyrule warriors, one showing of a witch like character in a very revealing outfit, reminding me a bit of ivy from the soul calibur series. Other images show links new design off. The one that intrigued me most though is this one:
4hng6l3__large.jpg

Look at the Helm and his right arm. Do they look familiar to you? Because they certainly do to me.
Volvagia_Artwork.jpg

Even the eye shape and colour on the helm match those of Volvagia, the fire temple boss from OOT.

I don't know if Hyrule warriors is going to be canon in the Zelda timeline, but there will certainly be a story to it, and it looks like they might in this case expand on a certain boss's backstory.

What do you think of the connection anyway? Do you think the story of Hyrule warriors will fit in with the established timeline, become a part of it and expand on it?
If you think there is one, what do you think the connection to volvagia is with this dude? is he volvagia himself? Or just made to look similar?
Your thoughts...

Last edited:

Sheik

:the:
Interesting. It wouldn't be a surprise if this character does have some sort of connection with Volvagia. Perhaps he controls Volvagia in battle or something of the sorts. Him being Volvagia himself sounds like a stretch, but for all we know at this point, it could be possible.

I'd like to see a boss battle against Volvagia in Hyrule Warriors. With the new combat system, it could turn out very fun and epic.

EDIT

Also, this "stage" is very reminiscent of the stage where you fight Volvagia in OoT.

WvVojjj.jpg

ANOTHER EDIT

Also, I found out that the guy's name is Valga, so.

Last edited:
Really? Where did you find his name?

Also, maybe "Valga" is some bad guy who idolizes the monsters and that's why he dresses like one?

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
Interesting. It wouldn't be a surprise if this character does have some sort of connection with Volvagia. Perhaps he controls Volvagia in battle or something of the sorts. Him being Volvagia himself sounds like a stretch, but for all we know at this point, it could be possible.

I'd like to see a boss battle against Volvagia in Hyrule Warriors. With the new combat system, it could turn out very fun and epic.

EDIT

Also, this "stage" is very reminiscent of the stage where you fight Volvagia in OoT.

WvVojjj.jpg

ANOTHER EDIT

Also, I found out that the guy's name is Valga, so.

I remember seeing places like that in some dreams that I've had.

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
Hmm... interesting. I never noticed that about that character when I was initially looking through the pictures. Nice catch!

If this guy has a connection to Volvagia, I'm looking forward to seeing what that connection is. This just adds more to my excitement for this game! :)

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Also, maybe "Valga" is some bad guy who idolizes the monsters and that's why he dresses like one?
There is another image from the famitsu magazine which shows him without the dragon arm, this would suggest he can become a monster, either by his own power, or he is turned that way by something else. Onox and Veran both have alternate, true forms. It could possibly be the same situation here. Of course, we will find out when this game releases. I am getting really excited for it.

I didn't really give it much thought, but I suppose it's plausible. Characters who have 2+ forms seems to be somewhat common, I guess. Didn't know his name was Valga, though. That's funny. But... there is this fella in the background of one of the promo artwork pieces, though I can't necessarily say for sure if it's this games design of Volvagia or not. Fiery backdrop might hint such, though.

8XjG2.png

For safe measure, I'll leave this here as well. Trying to find similarities in Valga's armour and this dragon's scales. First thing I notice is that Valga's gauntlets do slightly resemble talons. But... hmm...

8XjOG.png

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
I didn't really give it much thought, but I suppose it's plausible. Characters who have 2+ forms seems to be somewhat common, I guess. Didn't know his name was Valga, though. That's funny. But... there is this fella in the background of one of the promo artwork pieces, though I can't necessarily say for sure if it's this games design of Volvagia or not. Fiery backdrop might hint such, though.

8XjG2.png

For safe measure, I'll leave this here as well. Trying to find similarities in Valga's armour and this dragon's scales. First thing I notice is that Valga's gauntlets do slightly resemble talons. But... hmm...

8XjOG.png

Hmm...up looking at that first image, I just couldn't help myself but notice how much that dragon looks so much like this guy:

Argorok.jpg~original

Ta da! It's Argorok from TP! :)

Valga definitely has a connection to Volvagia there is no denying that, whether he is actually Volvagia doesn't seem to be the case when his bio states that he traded his soul for incredible power. Maybe he got his looks as a result of him trading his soul and that the Volvagia look is an representation of incredible strength... and fire.

Nevertheless I have a good feeling that he will be playable. If you've ever played a Dynasty Warriors game, you will notice that all unique characters are playable. You will probably be able to play as him in free mode, story mode however... that depends on if you can choose the bad guy's story.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
If Valga doesn't have a connection to Volvagia, then I'll most certainly question Nintendo on what they're doing with themselves. I think it could be like what Mandy said, where Valga has a dual form, and can transform into Volvagia but there's no way of confirming that. I wouldn't mind Volvagia coming into play in this spin-off, but I hope its significance makes sense.

Therapist Bill

The Pianist
Oh my gosh, I hope not!

Volvagia was such a scary and just pitiful monster from OoT, never really liked that boss (didnät really require any finesse to beat either). Sure it would be cool with a humanoid version, but I'd rather have a female version of Volvagia, always saw that dragon as a girl. Can dragons even be boys/girls ?? Sorry, topic for some other thread, pardon me.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Oh my gosh, I hope not!

Volvagia was such a scary and just pitiful monster from OoT, never really liked that boss (didnät really require any finesse to beat either). Sure it would be cool with a humanoid version, but I'd rather have a female version of Volvagia, always saw that dragon as a girl. Can dragons even be boys/girls ?? Sorry, topic for some other thread, pardon me.

Volvagia is referred to as a 'he' in OOT and Hyrule Historia, therefore it is safe to say that Volvagia is a male dragon. Also stated is that Valoo from Wind Waker is a descendent of Volvagia's therefore it must be assumed that dragons come in both male and female forms so that they can mate and produce dragon babies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom