• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Modern Voice Acting in Navi Trackers/Tetra's Trackers....Thoughts?

Sarianae

Infinite Dreamer
Exclusive to the japanese version of Four Swords Adventures was Navi Trackers (originally going to be the standalone game Tetra's Trackers) which actually included japanese voice acting for characters you would recognize from The Wind Waker.

Here are two videos below for you to hear (yes and I mean HEAR) just what I'm talking about:

[video=youtube;Y5t7bVtJvdM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5t7bVtJvdM&feature=related[/video] [video=youtube;usTS0RpA-OA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usTS0RpA-OA&feature=related[/video]

This game didn't make it into the US release of FSA, and I hear it was due to problems with phonetical pronunciation of your name; Tetra speaks aloud whatever name you write in for yourself, and while this isn't terribly difficult to do given the phonetical pronunciation of japanese characters, it's another beast entirely to attempt this with the english language. However, I am somewhat inclined to think that perhaps part of the reason was also due to a wariness on Nintendo's part of bringing in english voice actors for Zelda...I am not sure.

So, I have a few questions for you.

From hearing the japanese voice acting above what do you think? Do the voices of the characters match the voices you had been imagining for them in your head? Did any of them surprise you? I have to say, for me....the King of Red Lions took me by surprise quite a bit there in the first video... =\

Another question: What do you think of Nintendo's decision to entirely cut this from the US release of FSA? Would you have been interested in hearing what Nintendo's choice of English voices would have been for these characters? Or are you glad that never came to pass?

People always talk about voice acting in the main games.....but aside from that, perhaps if you are one of those who wants to keep voice acting out of the main games, would you still like to see this kind of voice acting return again in another "side game," akin to this one?

Post your thoughts below~ :)

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
Tetra's voice is kind of a mixed bag for me. It seems to fit the basic character of a young girl, but she never gets as pumped up in Wind wakes as she does in the forst video, but I think it fits her very well. And no, the King of Red Lions' voice did not surprise me that much. Doesn't he sound like when he laughed at Link for freaking out at Windfall Island?

I am interested, though in knowing what nintendo's choices would've been for the characters in english. I think voice acting would be good progress for the zelda series. Except for Link, that would be against the purpose of getting on his shoes (or boots?).

And of course! If nintendo doesn't want voice acting in a main game, they should just try it in a side game not to annoy the fans! You are a genius Sarianae! You should work for nintendo to give them more ideas like that! It'd be awesome!

Sarianae

Infinite Dreamer
Hi StinkingBadges~ :P

Hmmm...you're right, KoRL's voice did sound like that at that point in the game. I guess I was just surprised at his.....hyperness in the video~ ^^

And I feel really bad for asking, but you're not being sarcastic are you? Because my sarcasm detect meter has failed me before on the internet...it works sort of like a metal detector sometimes that picks up on just pieces of plastic~ :cooky: Weird analogy~ :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom