• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Vocaloid Fans?

skybird11

state alchemist
i was just wondering who here listens to vocaloid and what some of your favorite songs are and which vocaloid is your favorite.

right now i really like Hatsune Miku's "World is mine"

skybird11

state alchemist
vocaloid is a software where people can make their own songs with various synthetic voices. each voice has its own avatar

i dont know all the details, i got into it about a month ago

Well, I think the technology is really interesting. ^^
And I think some of the songs are really well written.
"Melt" has a really nice melody.

But, that's about as deep as my fandom runs.

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
Nah, I didn't really care about Vocaloid. I like listening to songs and such the way it was meant to be heard. Plus I don't like the sound of my own voice.

While I don't know an immense amount on the subject, here are my thoughts. :>

I first found Vocaloid back, I believe, on March 17th of last year. It’s a pretty big part of my life now, although initially I didn’t care for it all that much. After giving it a bit of time I started to really like some of the stuff, though, but I didn’t really find a Vocaloid that I could call my favorite and that I consistently enjoyed until around late August of last year when I discovered Megoid/Gumi. That was when I really started to like it.

My top favorite Vocaloids currently would be Gumi, IA, Yuzuki Yukari, and VY2. My favorite producers as of now are AVTechNO, Deco*27, Hachi, wowaka, and Kagome-P. One thing that I really like about Vocaloid stems from the fact that all kinds of people use the software – it means that you get such variety in style and experience level. This means that it can appeal to more people, I suppose. I know I wasn’t initially a fan of much of the super popular stuff, as I wasn’t used to hearing that genre of music much in general, so I looked for things more tailored to my tastes. It’s essentially just another instrument, and so it’s also important to keep in mind that some people might not be as experienced with that instrument as others, and some people will use it differently. I like that about it. Being used by a myriad of people, it can cater to a myriad of tastes, and it also means that once bad experience doesn’t reflect necessarily on the whole, as all the people who use it will be using it differently. ♥

I’m one of those easy to please types that listens to virtually anything if it sounds decent to me, so I like a good mix of Vocaloid songs. A few of my favorite or most-listened-to songs would include (keep in mind that these are all just mixed styles and the like, some are heavier songs for heavier days, others are just kind of cute) Wrist Cutter, Mozaik Role, Coward Montblanc, Panda Hero, Killer Lady, Love Droid, 5150, Soul Breeze, Beyond the World of Glasses, and Solitary Play, to name a couple featuring Gumi; Twitter, Desire, Tear, Alice in Black Market, innocent girl, SOU, ZOU, NEL, Two Breaths Walking, Sleeping Beauty, Lost Story, March Rain, and Arpeggio to name some featuring Hatsune Miku; Leia, Corruption Garden, Interviewer, Dye, and Fuyu no Sakura for Megurine Luka songs; Remote Control featuring Kagamine Rin and Len, Tiny Paradise featuring Yuzuki Yukari; and also an excellent cover of Katayoku no Tori using Mew rank into my favorites. I guess also Matryoshka, Intently, Headphone Actor, and the/day/after should be mentioned among my favorites. Certainly it isn’t a fraction of what is out there, nor a fraction of what I listen to.

So there you have it – all kinds of songs for all kinds of occasions. That’s the main reason I enjoy it so much. My shallow side enjoys it some for the adorable appeal of the avatars, too… ;) but another, truer reason that I like it is due to having a good respect for the people that make the music and use the software, making these products come alive for the rest of us.

:>

Although I love Miku, she is overrated by many fans. Don't get me wrong! I love her music, just not when people keep saying "OMG, SHE'S THE BEST! Miku is so awesome! No one is better than Miku! Yeah, Miku! :DDDD" It makes me gag x.x Anyways, I like listening to the less famous ones, like Gumi, Neru, Lily, and Teto. :)

Gumi, IA, and Luka are definitely my favorite VOCALOIDs right now. I've been into it since it came out. And there's nothing wrong with using synthesized voices. I mean, I don't here people complaining about the amount of auto-tune in in hip-hop and rap since its a real person. Hm...my favorite song right now is "Irony" by scop (it's a Miku song).
World is Mine is actually a really annoying song for me to listen to, because it uses such an early version of Miku. Sorry supercell, it just isn't one of my favorites.
My favorite Producer right now is probably hachi/Kenshi Yonezu. So much love to that man.

Although I love Miku, she is overrated by many fans. Don't get me wrong! I love her music, just not when people keep saying "OMG, SHE'S THE BEST! Miku is so awesome! No one is better than Miku! Yeah, Miku! :DDDD" It makes me gag x.x Anyways, I like listening to the less famous ones, like Gumi, Neru, Lily, and Teto. :)

Teto is an UTAU and Neru is a pitched version of Miku or Len. But don't count Teto as vocaloid. >,<

P

Poppy Frost

I love Miku so much <3! She's my favourite, but I love the others as well. My favourite songs are probably Happy Synthesizer, Romeo and Cinderella, Po Pi Po, Matryoshka, Dancing Samurai, I could go on forever! I really don't have one favourite.

Dan

I like this one the best. :)
[video=youtube;tktcOUi-x-A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tktcOUi-x-A[/video]

Monja Elisa

Hyrulean Princess
I am beyond a vocaloid fan... for a couple of years, all of the music I have been able to listen to is asian... I cant get the same feeling from any non asian music... but vocaloid truly is something for itself.... from a edgy alive hatsune miku to a dark and passionate rin and len. there are truly so many amazing animated songs out there.....
first time I heard vocaloid.... I wasnt the biggest fan.... but the 2nd time I grew with it.. and today I absolutely love it! <3

I love vocaloid. My favorite songs are Servant of Evil(and the rest of its series I guess) as well as various other songs fandubbed with vocaloids.

My fav vocaloids are a tie between KAITO and Rin/Len

Misty

Ronin
My elder brother is/was quite into them, so I know a lot of their songs and about them. Wouldn't necessarily say most of it is my cup of tea, but I've enjoyed some Rin, Len, Kaito, and Miku. Tends to depend on the song more than anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom