• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Vivillon Travels the World

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
Paranaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines
Vivillon Travels the World - Contest Inside!

Vivillon.

With the recent chat of Lord Vainnuss, Multiplucus Darkrai-us, I came to this trail of thought: Why don't we collect all the Vivillon Patterns? Why is this not on the Trade thread is because this needs to be it's OWN thing.

Here's the basic things to know about Vivillon:

• Vivillon's pattern is determined the MOMENT you Start your game based on your 3DS profile settings. It depends on both your country and your regionn assigned to it.
  • The Pattern cannot be changed once you start your game. It cannot be bred onto another Pokemon, because the Pattern has been predetermined by your own 3DS.
  • The Pattern can change only if you start a New Pokemon Game by changing your region before then Playing the New Game. Changing your settings mid-game doesn't affect the pattern you get.
  • Language has no effect on the Game. If you play on an English 3DS, Play in japanese, you won't get the specific Pattern that the Japanese is based on.

Here's what you can do to get the other Patterns:

1. Trade from someone that's Different from your Region.
2. Breed a Vivillon, trade the Egg to your friend and it'll hatch with the pattern you have. It won't hatch into the pattern your friend has.

We all know there are 18 Patterns. Here is a List of the Patterns. Mind you these are not 100%. I added the most likely ones so you might encounter people who have these:

• Archipelago - Examples: Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Aruba, Bahamas Barbados
  • Continental - Argentina, Belgium, Denmark, France, Germany
  • Elegant - Japan. I have this one.
  • Garden - Australia, Ireland, Isle of Man, New Zealand, Poland, Serbia and the United Kingdom
  • High Plains - Canada(British Columbia Only), Mexico, Russia, The U.S.
  • Icy Snow - Canada(Northwest Territories, Nunavut, Yukon), Finland, Norway(Finnmark), Russia(Arkhangelsk, Chukotka, Karelia, Khanty-Mansi, Komi, Murmansk, Sakha, Yamalo-Nenets) and Sweden
  • Jungle - Brazil, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, French Guiana, India
  • Marine - Austria, Bulgaria, Chile, Croatia, Germany(Bayern), France(Aquitaine, Basse-Normandie, Bretagne, Pays de la Loire), Romania
  • Meadow - Andora, France(None selected, Alsace, Auvergne, Bourgogne, Centre, Champagne-Ardenne, Corse, Franche-Comté, Île-de-France, Haute-Normandie, Languedoc-Roussillon, Limousin, Lorraine, Midi-Pyrénées, Picardie, Poitou-Charente, Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur, Rhône-Alpes) Italy(Lombardia, Piemonte), Liechtenstein
  • Modern - The U.S.(None selected, Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, West Virginia, Wyoming) and Canada(Manitoba)
  • Monsoon - Taiwan, Japan(Okinawa), India
  • Ocean - Only France(Réunion) and Hawaii
  • Polar - Argentina, Canada, Chile, Norway, Finland
  • River - Botswana, Chad, Lesotho, Niger, Mali, Namibia, Spain(Islas Canarias)
  • Sandstorm - Saudi Arabia, U.A.E. Turkey, Somalia, Eritrea(NOT Erebea)
  • Savannah - Bolivia, Brazil, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay
  • Sun - Australia, Belize, Cayman Islands, Mozambique, Swaziland
  • Tundra - Iceland, Norway(Hordaland, Møre og Romsdal) and Japan(Aomori and Hokkaido)
And 2 More Patterns that are as of this post, impossible to get.

Now here is the challenge: Will you collect them all? I know I want too. Not for stats sake, but for pure fun of collecting. And I want to make this more interesting. Tell you what:

Let's all help each other and collect these Vivillon. Post your Friend Codes here and your Regional Pattern so we can get in touch of each other. And to motivate people, I'm willing to turn this into a contest. Contest ends as soon as I obtain all Patterns. All you have to do to win is meet the Requirements:

• Send me a Vivillon Pattern I am missing. That counts as 3 Point. Sending me another Pattern I'm missing will double it up to a cap of 9 points for any successful sender. As a Case example:
    Person A sent me Archipelago. It's 3. He then sent me Tundra, he gets 6 which becomes 12. He then sent me Savanna and 12 + 9 becomes 21. He then sent me Monsoon. He gets 30 because 9 is the maximum cap.
  • Send me a Picture Proof of you owning all Vivillon Patterns along with your Trainer Number. That counts as 20. This does not include the 2 patterns that aren't available yet.
  • Send me an "outstanding overall ability" Vivillon regardless of Pattern, nature, gender or moveset. That means that means 4-5 31IV'd Vivillon are only accepted. Anything else won't earn the Points. Sending me one is 15 Points. Points is Doubled if you send me a pattern I don't own. To know if your Vivillon is Outstanding, use the Judge in Kiloude City.
  • If the Vivillon is Shiny, give me. It's worth 25.
  • You can send me any Vivillon you don't own. It does not factor into this contest. What MATTERS is WHO sent it to me, and WHAT pattern it was, and WHAT other requirements it can meet.
  • As a precaution, I will only accept entries from your OT and Number. Have 2 games? Choose one of them and give me that info. You MUST give me your OT and Number to enter. Your OT can be your In-game name or your Username. Since in-game names are a lot and limited(and can be confusing, I've met 8 Josh and I do not know WHO is WHO)
  • If by some Miracle that the 2 patterns are released Officially and you obtained them, I will accept them and that is an automatic 50 Points.

All you have to do to enter is send me a Vivillon Pattern I'm lacking. First come first serve. You trade in Points for the ff:

1. 15 Points: A Hidden Ability Starter Pokemon
  2. 15 Points: A Hidden Ability Eevee.
  3. 20 Points: A Hidden Ability Pokemon of your choice. You have to tell me what it is before you enter this contest.
  4. 30 Points: A Shiny Pokemon or 1000 gold in the forums
  5. 40 Points: 5 "31 EV" Pokemon of my Choice with a beneficial Nature Or 1500 gold in the forums.
  6. 50 Points: An Event Pokemon

Missing Patterns:
  • Archipelago
  • Continental
  • Garden
  • Icy Snow
  • Jungle
  • Marine
  • Meadow
  • Monsoon
  • Ocean
  • River
  • Sandstorm
  • Savannah
  • Sun
  • Tundra

I ALMOST FORGOT!

My 3DSFriendCode - 1547 5291 6746
I Play Both X and Y. My Pattern is Elegant.

List of Entrants:
Format: ForumUsername/OT/Number/XorY/Vivillon Pattern Sent/Number of Points accumulated

• Sir Quaffler/33008/4141-3010-4866/Y/Modern/ 3
  • Fig/????/4425-1567-9137/?/?????
  • Terminus/41985/2492-5035-4170/Y/High Plains/30

What Colors Mean
Red is Unofficial, which means I will accept entries, but points will be given after OT and OTNumber has been provided
Black is Safe. Nothing to worry about.
Orange if the user has given or sent me more than 1 Pattern.(2) This cycles then to Blue(3), and then Green(4).

Post your Friendcodes here so we can help each other. To the future!

Last edited:

Fig

The Altruist
Sounds like a very interesting challenge Kenji! Can't wait to start participating to help you collect all the Vivillon patterns! :3 I'm very certain that you already have my Friend Code but nonetheless, here it is just to be safe: 4425-1567-9137 Hopefully I can be of assistance for you as the contest continues to prolong! :3

Speaking of Vivillon, which patterns are you missing Kenji? :eek:

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
I'd appreciate one please! I added you to the list. I also updated the First Post with my Friend Code!

Yay~ I'll add the point once I received the pattern.

Also is it possible to sticky this thread?

Sounds like a very interesting challenge Kenji! Can't wait to start participating to help you collect all the Vivillon patterns! :3 I'm very certain that you already have my Friend Code but nonetheless, here it is just to be safe: 4425-1567-9137 Hopefully I can be of assistance for you as the contest continues to prolong! :3

Speaking of Vivillon, which patterns are you missing Kenji? :eek:

Sorry- I forgot to update the thread.
Also, What's your OT and OT Number? And Game. I can't officially add you until you give me that.
Refer to what Sir Quaffler did, kinda like that format.

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
Ok well I have a High Plains with 5 IVs so....

Ok, I'll bite.

Sir Quaffler/33008/Friend Code # 4141-3010-4866/Y/Modern (most likely very common...)

Well, I've awarded the points. Terminus made me aware of a possibly broken part on my point system, so I raised it, just a bit. Quaffler got 3 and Terminus got 30.

Reason for Quaffler is because he sent me just a normal Vivillon.
Terminus sent me a 5 31IV'd Vivillon. This applies to the outstanding rule, which is 15 and it's doubled since the pattern I received is a pattern I've yet to obtain. GOOD JOB! KEEP EM COMING

Beeker

Wild Card
My pattern is Polar but I did get traded a River, so you can take if you want. When I got you were the first person I thought of, and kept around in case it was a pattern you didn't have.Idk if it'll count since it's not under my OT, but hey, doesn't matter, I'll just do what I can to help, no incentives necessary. xD

Will edit in details in case you need : Beeker/Becca/21302/4124-5146-3750/Y/

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom