• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Visiting the Moon? (Hypothetical)

Let's suppose that living in space/on the moon becomes accessible for the average person.

Other planets are still safe from the grasp of mankind but we've found a way get to the Moon & back relatively regularly, in transportation that requires no prior training; some kind of Lunar Base has been established that permits people to stay there for a period of time, for the experience/novelty. (In the same way people typically climb Everest).

Would you do it?

Would you take the trip to the stars to view the world in a way people dreamed of for centuries?
Would you stay hundreds of thousands of miles away from Earth sleeping on a rock in an endless void?

Moon.jpg
Earthrise.jpg

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
the biggest barrier for me is how safe will the rocket trip be? for this kind of trip, you don't want a single thing to go wrong

otherwise, it's hard to say if I'd actually live there, but visiting it is a no brainer

Would you stay hundreds of thousands of miles away from Earth sleeping on a rock in an endless void?

YES!

I long to feel true peace. Living on a rock hundreds of thousands of miles away from anyone else sounds bloody fantastic.

Sign me up.
Isn't that basically what Dr. Manhattan did? lol but instead of moon he was on mars. lol

MapelSerup

not actually Canadian
Am I just visiting? Do the trips have an almost certain survival rate with good reviews? If so, I’m all for it! It would be a lot of fun.

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
If transportation isn't a big issue, I'll probably settle there cuz I wanna experience 1/6 th of earth's gravity. I'll also try to explore the dark side of moon on my stay.
Jumping around and gaining height in low gravity seems fun!
/In

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Depends how risky the trip is. I wouldn't want to live there as it's low gravity and my muscles would waste away, plus it is so barren.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom