• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Virtual Console Recommendations?

For the past two years, I've been playing the same games over and over:

SMB
SMB 3
Super Mario World
Super Mario RPG
Paper Mario
PM: TTYD
SM64
Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2

OoT (all variations)
MM
TP
SS

Startropics
Startropics II

And I just finished:
ALttP
Phantom Hourglass
Spirit Tracks

Tried the original LoZ & AoL and I couldn't get into them.

Can anyone recommend some titles you think I'd like available on VC, based on my likes?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
If you have a 3DS, I recommend you buy the game Liberation Maiden. It's a wonderful game, costs $8 in America, and it's really fun! :3
If you have a Wii, I recommend you try out Kirby's Adventure, Donkey Kong Jr., Mega Man 2 and Final Fantasy II. They seem to have somethings the same as the games you play! :yes:

JamesBond007

Indigo Child
This is my recommedations:
The Wind Waker - buy this first, this is only missing 3D Zelda game. I own the Limited Edition with OoT/not mirrored Master Quest.
Link's Awakening DX - if you have a 3DS, buy it. This is first portable Zelda game and it's good.
Super Mario Sunshine - Although a little bit different than SM64 and Galaxy games (FLUDD thingy and no classic enemies like Goombas), you should try it.
Four Swords Adventures - although different than most Zelda games, you should try it if you are a fan of A Link to the Past, because FSA fits perfectly as a prequel to ALttP (yeah, "official" timeline sucks).

Sonic: 1,2,3,4 and Knuckles. Sonic 1,2 and Chaos (On the Sega Master System)
Megaman: 1,2,3,4,5,9,10,X and X2
Castlevania: 1,3,The adventure rebirth,(not sure if "bloodline" for the Sega Genesis is in there)
Metroid and Super Metroid
Super Mario Bros The lost Levels and Super Mario Bros 2

Shroom

The Artist Formally Known as Deku Shroom™
I would say the Megaman games are definitely worth a look at, especially the X games. Super Metroid is also pretty good, and maybe you'd be interested in the Donkey Kong Country games? They're alright. Link's Awakening is also worth it for the 3DS virtual consle.

izi

Not A Wizard
I enjoyed Castle Crashers on the 3DS eShop. It's what you get when you take some Zelda, some Paper Mario, and some Animal Crossing and put them together. The game moves fairly slow, and there's a high learning curve, but it's fun in the end. I believe it's $10 on the US 3DS eShop.

I've been looking for a proper Dungeon Crawler/RPG for 3DS (or a DS cartridge) that isn't Heroes of Ruin, preferably on the eShop (almost like Diablo III/Torchlight II). If anybody knows of one, let me know - I'd love to get my hands on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom