• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Violin Should Have Have Been Used As Musical Instrument?

Did you like the fact that you couldn't really make any actual tunes on the harp? When I first got the harp I didn't think that the only thing I would be able to play on it were a bunch of chromatic scales so I was in for a rude awakening. It's not that don't like the harp it's just that I think it would have been better if you could make some tunes on it you know? I think the violin should have been used as the musical instrument because it would have utilized the WiiMotion Plus better because you would have to control Links arm to use the string to play the violin. So the WiiRemote became Links arm whenever you took out the violin. And you could actually play the songs you received. Although Skyward Sword wasn't heavily focused on music I think the violin would have been better if a violin was used. Your thoughts

Although this is a great idea, it would almost be the same as the harp. Given the fact that the technology still isn't advanced enough to directly copy your every movement. Also, I don't really think a golden violin would look that great.

TwilightDeku

Sage of the Dark Forest
I play violen (and cello and viola) and I can tell you that it is very fragile. It would not survive ten minuets of Link's journey. I also did not like the harp. You could only play up and down, which made it impossible to make any songs. However, I love doing duets with remlits!

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
I play violen (and cello and viola) and I can tell you that it is very fragile. It would not survive ten minuets of Link's journey.

It's Zelda. If it's a "Goddess Violin" or something, I think it could survive Link's journey. XD (Besides, I play harp, and considering that my strings break just because I move it in cold weather for a performance, I'm not so sure that tiny little harp would survive, either...)

I think that it's a good idea – the violin in the game, I mean. Like others pointed out, though, there is a possibility that that would have ended up exactly like the harp, since I don't know if Motion Control is accurate enough.

However, I do agree that I think they could have done SO much more with the MotionPlus and a musical instrument...

SuperMetroid

Eating Your Brains
I thought the harp was completely useless. The songs you learn were also completely useless. They served no other purpose other than as the goal for fetch quests. At least OoT, MM and - to some extent - WW gave you the ability to use songs in a musical way. SS' songs were barely even usable, let alone creative when you did use them. And I had a lot of trouble getting the motion right (almost the only wiimote problem I had for the entirety of SS). I still haven't got the movement right...

I play violen (and cello and viola) and I can tell you that it is very fragile. It would not survive ten minuets of Link's journey. I also did not like the harp. You could only play up and down, which made it impossible to make any songs. However, I love doing duets with remlits!

Don't worry, if pots reappear when you're out of the room, and grass gives you tons of rupees after cutting it up, I'm sure a violin will be able to keep itself intact when Link catches on fire.

I just wish that the game would have utilized more of the harp or whatever musical instrument could have been used in it and gave more purpose for having the songs.

J

jediyodabush

I liked the harp I think it fit the elegant-ness of the zelda franchise plus it's a throw back Ocarina.

But personally I'd love to see saxophone haha! Mostly cause I play :cool:

i also thought that the harp was a disappointment, the perfect instrument for the wii motion plus would have been something similar to the wind waker. you could just point the controller in a series of different directions to make different sounds and songs. it would have been perfect!

Wait, you can do duets with the remlits?? How? I did not know this.

It think it isn't a bad idea, but it's too similar to the harp. But it would be nice to play the strings on a 3DS touchscreen!

I like your arguments and I agree with you, but im unsure if violin is a Link instrument. It would be really fun though. But if it is just using motion pluss, you can only take 4 notes because of the 4 strings, but buttons is a solucion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom