• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Vined, Mossy Motif on Title Screen (NEW!)

Jupiter

Bringer of Jollity
I noticed that the title screen for SS has changed for the new trailer: it is overgrown with vines and moss (maybe just vines) and the triforce and eagle design have changed from gold to an ancient stone material...

NEW
zeldatitlescreen.png

OLD
zeldatitlescreen2.png

What does this mean? Not sure if somebody already noticed this, but I am surprised it has not been pointed out to date if not (I just watched IGN rewind theater and they did not even comment on it).

I think this is really emphasizing the idea of ancientness, more than anything. But it could also be a way to emphasize nature and greenness...not sure...your thoughts?

Hero_in_Green

Hero of Time
Just a change in the logo, its nothing that should be taken too seriously. Perhaps it does emphasize that this game takes place in Ancient Hyrule, but tis just a logo, nothing to theorize about

Jupiter

Bringer of Jollity
Just a change in the logo, its nothing that should be taken too seriously. Perhaps it does emphasize that this game takes place in Ancient Hyrule, but tis just a logo, nothing to theorize about

And I suppose we should just ignore the tail sticking out of the new Mario 3DS logo that was just unveiled? Because, ya know, it's just a logo...

The logo set's the theme for the entire game. I don't think this is super-super-significant. But I do think it is significant. They changed it for a reason. Something about this new logo more appropriately matches the themes and content of SS.

Hero_in_Green

Hero of Time
-_- thats why I said "maybe it emphasizes that the game takes place in Ancient Hyrule" lol, but its just a logo, its not like it'll pop out in the main game and go "LULZ look at me and I shall reveal EVERYTHING"

Sgt. Backwash

JEALOUSY
And I suppose we should just ignore the tail sticking out of the new Mario 3DS logo that was just unveiled? Because, ya know, it's just a logo...
That's kind of a different story.

The fallacy of using the 3DS Mario tail as an example is that it's obviously intended to imply that Raccoon/Tanuki Mario is making a return. They used that it in the Mario 3 logo, and in the press conference Iwata even made specific mention of it. Anyone who knows Mario is going to see the logo and understand what it means.

Skyward Sword's logo, however, has no obvious tells. If the Hylian bird symbol being made out of stone and having moss/vines growing on it is meant to be a hint about anything at all, it's a pretty subtle one. Either way, there isn't that much you can infer about the game based on it alone.

Don't pull a thread down like that. Like Jupiter said The logo set's the theme for the entire game.

The first thing i thought of when i saw this change was that the game will probably have a stronger focus on isolation.

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
just an updated logo... but it looks like the Phoenix design is here to stay...

Last edited:
Apart from the possible story-centered changes, it could also be a reference to the logo of the original LoZ
See the resemblance:
zld.jpg

Also, the impressionistic textures are very visible in this new logo.

Beeker

Wild Card

Just because it's a logo doesn't mean you can't theorize about it too, usually they tend to have some importance to the plot.

I think it's been discussed in another thread, but since Majora's Mask, almost every game has had something important in the logo. MM having the Mask, WW having the King of Red Lions, TP having the Fused Shadow and Wolf Link, and Spirit Tracks with the Spirit Train, to name a few.

Since the only real change to this logo is the texture, the phoenix is probably staying and possibly telling about the Royal Family's origins as well as the Master Sword's. I think this one fits better. It shows a more ancient and stony look, in reference perhaps to how this game will have an ancient/origin story.

Mamfi1908

The New Guy
alot of logos change during time.
Take Harry Potter as an example, in the first two the logos were golden and shiny. after that they have become more stone gray and black metalish. it's telling people that the HP franchise is growing up, sort of.

So there's another example of logos having a meaning. However, Logos usually have very little to do with the game itself. When a logos have objects in them, it usually means that it will be in the game/movie. this logo has no such thing. it might be to appeal to more people and to get more sales, or to make it look more like it happened in the begining of the timeline.

RANDOM THING I NOTICED: they changed the possition of the trademark!!!!

Caeda

Keyblade Master
Just because it's a logo doesn't mean you can't theorize about it too, usually they tend to have some importance to the plot.

I think it's been discussed in another thread, but since Majora's Mask, almost every game has had something important in the logo. MM having the Mask, WW having the King of Red Lions, TP having the Fused Shadow and Wolf Link, and Spirit Tracks with the Spirit Train, to name a few.

Yeah, almost all of the games have logos that have something to do with the plot.

LoZ: Triforce of Wisdom and a sword
AoL: A sword
aLttP: Triforce and Master Sword
LA: A sword and Sheild
OoT: Master Sword and Hylian Sheild
MM: Majora's Mask
OoS: I'm not sure...
OoA: I'm not sure...
WW: The King of Red Lions
FSA: Four Four Swords
MC: Elzo
TP: Midna's helmet and Wolf Link
PH: The Phantom Hourglass
ST: The Spirit Train

So, yeah, at the rate we're going, it probually means alot that it changed to that.

zeldakid895

Zelda's Kid
I just think that it was modified to be this so that is looks more old. Skyward Sword is supposed to be an old legend, meaning it took place early on in the timeline. So they probably wanted to suit this, and changed it to look this way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom